Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 37 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
zackstark
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo is a great little system; however, it is pricey considering there is no IFTTT or SmartThings support. This is a must have for any kind of Security System or Camera monitoring such as Arlo or competitors like DropCam. 

Are there any plans to open up an API or add IFTTT or SmartThings support?

We need triggers for GeoFencing to auto enable/disable cameras upon arriving/leaving. This could easily be accomplished with IFTTT. What about having lights flash or a SmartThings connected Fortress siren sound whenever motion is detected. What about if a door sensor is open past midnight, having cameras start recording, turn on all lights and have the siren blast? We need this functionality, as it would increase the utility of this system tenfold.

Netgear, please make this happen, and soon! 

10 REPLIES 10
juanmlopez23
Initiate
Initiate
+1 much needed... I'm considering alternative options to this camera. The 100% wireless ability is OK but not enough. I got a smartthings system and there is no connectivity between the systems, which makes this camera useless.
zackstark
Tutor
Tutor

Exactly... hopefully we hear something from netgear. I will promote the hell out of Arlo if they just add this functionality. 

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi zackstark,

You may post suggestions and ideas at Arlo Idea Exchange.

IFTT has been posted already. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
jmcycle
Aspirant
Aspirant

ewj1
Aspirant
Aspirant

It ain't coming.  I wish I was wrong but do not believe they will offer any connects or api anytime soon.

MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ifttt is now working
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wanna illuminate us on that?

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While IFTTT support is now available, we are still working on optimizing this feature. We recommend users wait until an official announcement before taking advantage of IFTTT.

JamesC

coldcuppatea
Guide
Guide
Really pleased to see that Netgear have finally implemented ifft. It's been a really glaring omission.

Now can you try and make the motion detection better pretty please!