Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What i really miss with arlo

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Wolf70
Initiate
Initiate

As Arlo PRO not available in Europe yet i went for the Arlo. After my first test i need to say it is really easy to use and very user friendly.

However i need to say that i would like to see: A simple motion detection sensor, without a camera, which can be included to trigger a camera recording.

The cameras allone are sometimes mounted in a place where they make good wide area recordings, however they are not triggered (or very late) when somebody moves on this area. A small pin (~Size of an AAA cell in lenght and thickness), which could be mounted on a tree or wall, would certainly be a great enhancement to the Arlo system family. If you could offer a device like this for ~30USD each you will get an order soon from my side :-). For your motivation:

Pricing strategy could be very benefitial for Netgear as well (gain more customers, sell services), e.g per camera you can an 3 triggers for free (so in the base you can add up to 15 triggers without any charge), more based on the premium services you offer. Just an idea, feedback welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
LovelyNot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Strongly agree, the cams are way too wide-angle to have motion detect be sensible. It would be much better to be able to separately control and position a motion sensing device.

rajtech
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1 on this feature.. Will be a great addition. Please consider

wrigleyhostel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree. I have a camera facing out onto the street and if I could set it to exclude the cars and people walking by on the sidewalk I would love it. I have a wire free camera which doesn't allow active zones which may solve the problem. A motion sensor that triggers when people walk up to our front step to activate the camera would be perfect.