Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

WebRTC for Arlo and Google Nest Hubs?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sblackallerl
Tutor
Tutor

Hello!

In recent days it's been announced by Arlo that they were "Thrilled to announce Arlo is one of the first to integrate WebRTC with Google Assistant! Enjoy enhanced live-video and audio streaming experience between Google Assistant products and Arlo security cameras and video doorbells"

My question is when that will be rolled out? Is it already in place or how can we know if that feature is something we are already using? Want to make sure if the quality of vide-audio I see on my Nest Hub is the "improved" or not...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey sblackallerl,

This has already been rolled out when this was announced back in May 19, 2021 🙂

You can read more about the update here: 4 Google smart home updates that Matter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey sblackallerl,

This has already been rolled out when this was announced back in May 19, 2021 🙂

You can read more about the update here: 4 Google smart home updates that Matter

sblackallerl
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the heads up! Are you aware of any issues caused by this? For some reason my Nest Hub 2 looses the ability to receive streams from any video source (YouTube, Netflix, Disney+) after streaming the Arlo Cameras
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can try rebooting your Google Assistant devices to see if that may help. You can also try remove Arlo from your Google Assistant devices, rebooting your Google Assistant devices and re-add it again.

sblackallerl
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the reply! I've tried that already but the problem persists. I've also contacted Google support but as well, the suggested troubleshooting did not solve the problem. I was somewhat expecting that WebRTC was not yet released and potentially that may solve the problem, but would not be the case 😞