Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell not streaming on Echo Show

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GeoffreyH
Aspirant
Aspirant

At one point, my Arlo Video Doorbell (Wired) was working with Alexa. Not the greatest, the speed is kind of slow, but it worked. Now I've been trying again and it is no longer working. I haven't made any hardware changes. Here are the troubleshooting steps I've done:

Reset the doorbell (via the app)

Unlinked the skill from Alexa

Deleted the device from Alexa

Relinked the skill to Alexa and added the doorbell again

Double-checked firmware and app versions are most current

Camera is online. Camera streams fine in Arlo app. Camera records to Arlo cloud.

When I say "Alexa, show front door" it says "Okay" and shows "Waiting for Arlo". Sometimes I hear an audio stream only, never video. After about 20-30 seconds it says "Hmm, the camera isn't responding". Am I missing anything here?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GeoffreyH,

Does this happen with every attempt to stream the device on the Echo Show or is it intermittent. Is it easily reproducible?

JamesC

GeoffreyH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC, thanks for the reply!

It's consistent, it happens every single time. Weird that everything else is working fine, which makes me wonder if there's an API issue between Alexa and Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GeoffreyH,

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. I will provide an update once I have more information to share.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GeoffreyH,

Which model/version of the Echo Show are you using?

JamesC

GeoffreyH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, thanks for bumping this up to support. I have two Echo Show 5s and one Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen). All are giving me the same result. I've gone through and unlinked just about every skill (because I've encountered issues where some skills were attempting to use the API of others due to programming issues on the part of Amazon) and deleted a lot of devices.

There are no other devices that share the same name "Front Door" or have similar names.