Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
walpoletim
Initiate
Initiate

We have had our Video Doorbell linked to Google Home for a long time.

2 days ago notifications on google home stopped working - They still come through to the iOS app.

I have unlinked and linked, but still no notifications.

Silent mode is NOT enabled and the Doorbell is Armed.

Have any other users experienced this and do you have a fix as we no longer can hear our doorbell!

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the missing or lack of notifications with Google devices. This should now be resolved with no further action needed on your part. Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Shayne 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thanks again for your patience with me while I locate more info pertaining this. It looks like the team is trying to push for a target date no later than April 18th. There are 3rd party approvals that need to take place, so the team is pending this. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

The current target date for this update is around the second week of April. Thank you for your patience, I will provide more info as we get closer to release. 

108 REPLIES 108
MianAhmad
Tutor
Tutor

@ArloTeam

which is the latest FireWire to fix this issue?

austink
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is working again this morning, April 23, 2024.

niclnicl
Aspirant
Aspirant

After removing and re-linking Arlo it started to work. 

Now I just need to find a way to automatically, when button is pressed, show video stream on google screen. 

(I can show stream, but only when manually connect to camera from google device)

Any suggestion?  

WatchingItAll
Guide
Guide

2024-04-23, 18:10 UTC: Mine's working! I didn't do any uninstall/reinstall (that old trope!),

BUT:

1) I turned off my cameras and set the system to "Disarm all devices" while I changed the tires out front (so as not to stress the already flagging batteries, and not clutter up my storage for nothing)

2) In an unrelated event, my internet seems to have gone down briefly; it's restored now.

SO, FWIW, these could have something to do with my not having to do anything else, and forcing one or more of the above could help others, too, so I thought I'd share.

46 days, at least, without a doorbell. I wonder if Arlo will offer us loyal customers anything compensatory (if they want us to stay loyal!)

(I could use a pair of fresh batteries for my Arlo Pro 3's, hint-hint)

Supacoachuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Working FINALLY!!  Had to unlink and then link…..what a pain in the rear end ARLO is

Arlo-Bro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally working on 23rd!

No need to reset anything for me, it just started working again.

Thank you! Although it would be nice to not have to waste time on these things.

mattymatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS 

Thank you for the update and for all the following up, very much appreciated, google goes "ding" now and im sure may arlo customers appreciate that "ding" 🙂

drive88mph
Tutor
Tutor

I believe that is not possible. If you want to see video from doorbell you need to ask google to show it but you wont see it automatically

Fhmfhmfhm
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine is not working. I've tried to unlink and link many times. Please can someone advise as I've been with out a chime for many months now.