Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
walpoletim
Initiate
Initiate

We have had our Video Doorbell linked to Google Home for a long time.

2 days ago notifications on google home stopped working - They still come through to the iOS app.

I have unlinked and linked, but still no notifications.

Silent mode is NOT enabled and the Doorbell is Armed.

Have any other users experienced this and do you have a fix as we no longer can hear our doorbell!

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the missing or lack of notifications with Google devices. This should now be resolved with no further action needed on your part. Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Shayne 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thanks again for your patience with me while I locate more info pertaining this. It looks like the team is trying to push for a target date no later than April 18th. There are 3rd party approvals that need to take place, so the team is pending this. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

The current target date for this update is around the second week of April. Thank you for your patience, I will provide more info as we get closer to release. 

108 REPLIES 108
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the additional feedback. I am following this concern closely and I will be sure to update this thread as soon as I have more info to share.

Fredkeops
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have open a ticket to the support too, the support person wasn’t informed of any issue. I cross fingers to be treat quickly by product support because I have a lot of impacts on that

Gibsboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Google Notifications stopped working. Have been chatting with support for close to an hour. Changed networks, unlinked Arlo, relinked Arlo, uninstalled Doorbell, reinstalled it, changed Wi-Fi network, NOTHING WORKS. Without ringing on Google, the doorbell is pretty useless. I chose this for the Works with Google integration. If it no longer works, then I need a chime, and I wouldn't have bought a doorbell without one in the box. 

Since this has been going on for more than 2 weeks apparently, is there any news on how Arlo fixes this? It seems not even customer support is aware of this issue, despite it supposedly having been escalated. Please, please help. I'm paying for $200+ monitoring plan and if that doesn't even get me a working door bell fixed, then I have to replace my whole system.

shyamsuchak
Tutor
Tutor

How much more time is needed to get the issue fixed ? Did the team figure out what's causing this issue ?

JamesS1985
Guide
Guide

Well that's an outright lie from Arlo as I submitted the issue on 12th March and there were other posts here before that. Arlo, what are you doing?

Jimmyjitsu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shane,

What info do you have at hand in regards to the integration and notification issue via google home? Currently nothing has been shared with any of us.

Only a promise that more info will be shared.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for your continued patience. the team has identified the cause and an update to resolve this is coming soon. I will update the thread when this update is released. 

Oabujaradeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issue, we missed so many doorbells recently because of that issue it was working for two years then stopped all of a sudden.  

snowjunky
Initiate
Initiate

Exact same issue here in Australia. Must be global.

Carrod1
Initiate
Initiate

I too am facing this issue! When will this be fixed? Missed so many doorbells. It’s been several weeks now please update us 

OliverHTX
Initiate
Initiate

Any updates? Will there be any credits for people whose doorbell is essentially useless until this is fixed?

JamesS1985
Guide
Guide

8 days since you've said the cause has been identified and still no update. Can you provide an expected timeline for update?

shyamsuchak
Tutor
Tutor

Now issue is coming on iPhone notification
I have configured my iPhone to notify me whenever someone presses the doorbell. Unfortunately, this feature seems to have stopped working properly. Now, whenever the doorbell is pressed, I only receive a brief, 1-second call notification on my iPhone, which is so short that I often fail to realize someone is at the door.

Stekstrom
Guide
Guide

Yes I have this weird glitch too. The trick is to have multiple phones! Some phones will get the full ring. Some phones might not. It's totally random. Or if your lucky the person pressing the doorbell gets impatient and presses it multiple times. That's when the 2nd call will actually ring your phone the full duration. 

Oh ya and thanks arlo for identifying the problem. Maybe it is time to start hiring people to fix the problem too. Someone who knows how to code I hope.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JamesS1985 

I am following this closely and I will provide a more accurate date when I hear more from the team. 

Thanks 

chanjyj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, still not ringing

Baba_Yaga
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS We need solutions, it shouldn't take this long to fix something especially when there are many users paying a subscription fee and we aren't getting any sort of reimbursement. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

The current target date for this update is around the second week of April. Thank you for your patience, I will provide more info as we get closer to release. 

Arlo-Bro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really looking forward to this fix. I have a chime that won't register successfully, so the Google home was the fallback. Please update us if an exact date is known, or if there are corrective steps we need to take.

Morvren
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue. Luckily it rings my phone as we don't have a chime attached, but certainly looking forward to the fix!

WatchingItAll
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the status update, @ShayneS !

Looking forward to to the app/firmware update, as this is a major inconvenience.

As an aside, it would be good if more than one phone could get full alerts.

The phone that normally gets these alerts (as a backup) is usually muted or not here.

JWilliamson
Initiate
Initiate

I've just discovered this thread but I've been suffering the same issue for nearly a month now. No announcement on my google speaker for any doorbell pushes, but notification sent to my phone....which is usually on silent. Everything had been working for over a year and nothing touched or changed.

I've had to put I sign up outside saying the doorbell is broken, please get this sorted. Very annoying.

Supacoachuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are in the same situation…..was working but not anymore. Also now only working on my iOS phone not on the wifes iOS phone.  COME ON ARLO….you have identified the issue NOW fix it!!!!!!

JamesS1985
Guide
Guide

1. 'Around' the second week of april is not good enough. 

2. In addition to the speaker issue, my phone no longer rings when the doorbell is pressed either. Are these issues connected and how long will the problems continue? 

I have no intention of paying Arlo money for a chime or any new hardware to get an easy fix. Google or Amazon will get my cash instead.

Miller44
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any news on the update coming out as my doorbell is still no notifying when rang, if the problem persists much longer I will be forced to end my subscription and go with another provider as the doorbell is basically useless.