Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
walpoletim
Initiate
Initiate

We have had our Video Doorbell linked to Google Home for a long time.

2 days ago notifications on google home stopped working - They still come through to the iOS app.

I have unlinked and linked, but still no notifications.

Silent mode is NOT enabled and the Doorbell is Armed.

Have any other users experienced this and do you have a fix as we no longer can hear our doorbell!

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the missing or lack of notifications with Google devices. This should now be resolved with no further action needed on your part. Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Shayne 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thanks again for your patience with me while I locate more info pertaining this. It looks like the team is trying to push for a target date no later than April 18th. There are 3rd party approvals that need to take place, so the team is pending this. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

The current target date for this update is around the second week of April. Thank you for your patience, I will provide more info as we get closer to release. 

107 REPLIES 107
Stekstrom
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue. I redid everything and it doesn't work. 

Stekstrom
Guide
Guide

A few days to a week ago. My doorbell stopped sending alert to the google home speakers. I have restarted the doorbell. Reset too. Removed and added it back to google multiple times. And it still doesn't work. Kind of useless now. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are we still experiencing this with Google home and the doorbell?

Thanks 

Stekstrom
Guide
Guide

It still doesn't work. I even reset and put it on a new account today. Same problem

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, I have notified the appropriate team and I'll report back as soon as possible.

latham
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, same product.

DeeDee_Ldn
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo doorbell cam has been linked to my google home hub since I set it up but it has suddenly stopped making announcements on the home hub. I've reset everything but still nothing.  Announcements work fine on my phone and I can access camera from both devices.  Anyone else experienced this and were you able to resolve it?  I really DON'T want to spend any more money on a new device or chime. 

JamesS1985
Guide
Guide

Wireless doorbell. Same issue.

On the phone with support for 40 minutes after which no result. Uninstalled and reinstalled the arlo and google home apps with no joy. 

Handryck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly happened here too, no more notifications. Please, you might look into that as quick as possible because we cannot hear our doorbell.

shyamsuchak
Tutor
Tutor
shyamsuchak
Tutor
Tutor
DeeDee_Ldn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you reset too?  It suddenly just stopped .. I'm a bit loathed to have to buy another doorbell chime! 

shyamsuchak
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I did try to reset it.

AhmedAnjum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I am facing the exact same issue. So far I tried the following.

1. Unlink Arlo bell with google and then link it again.

2.Reset google nest and configured it again (Linked the bell)

3. Reset the bell and google nest and configured both again.

4. Reset Nest and bell and connected to a different network.

None of the above has worked for me. Does anyone have a solution this?

Regards,

Ahmed

Jimmyjitsu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.

Wired doorbell chiming via google home and google smart speakers. The chime no longer works through google. Doorbell is basically useless.

Any updates on why this has happened?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jimmyjitsu 

I will be sure to provide updates as soon as received from the team.

Thanks

Qwent
Initiate
Initiate

Also having this issue, missed a delivery today because of this issue.

Incredibly poor service to not inform customers about an issue you've known about for a week at this stage.

acumbers95
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also having this issue. Has there been any progress?

austink
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue also just started happening to me.  Doorbell randomly stopped alerting my google speakers when someone pushes the button.  Google Home still connected, can see the cams on my nest hub, but no "Someones at the doorbell" notification anymore.  Considering how many people are just suddenly having this same issue I think it's safe to assume either Arlo or Google broke something.  Please fix so my doorbell isn't useless.

Wernie
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here. It is indeed unacceptable that users are not informed on this issue. In the mean time we continue paying our subscription. I assume this issue has high priority. Furthermore, some compensation would be appropriate.

Fredkeops
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

i have exactly the same issue. All parameters were checked on Google home side and Arlo side. Reset Google home and dissociate account, ré associate it keep the same.

thanks in advance

darrybunne
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having this same issue over the last couple of weeks and it has been driving me nuts.

Have tried unlinking and resetting and nothing has changed.

We have missed deliveries and friends calling as a result of notifications no longer coming through our Google Nest.

Not much point having this product or paying €4.99 a month for the product if it doesn't work fully.

I would appeal to @ShayneS or any other customer service reps to please provide more information to us so that we know this is being worked on as a priority.

Thank you.

Hassan69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I'm having issues with my Google Nest products (Nest mini and Nest Hub) they have stopped notifying me when the doorbell is pressed. It was working fine a few days ago and then suddenly stopped. I have tried everything from deleting the Google Home and Arlo app as well. I have removed all products and readding them again as if i was starting as brand new, unlinked and relinked Arlo account and so far no luck. I can ask Google to show front door on the Nest hub and it works.

walpoletim
Initiate
Initiate

@ShayneS Any news on this please.

Ive raised an issue with Arlo support directly and no one has got back to me...  As you can see this is obviously an issue for many people - We run a business from our home and rely on the doorbell to tell us when deliveries / pickups are at the door.  Without the integration the doorbell is absolutely useless.

Can you please find out when this is going to be fixed.

Thanks

Tim