Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Truemtn
Follower
Follower

I cannot get the IFTTT recipe where the Arlo camera detects motion and it activates a Hue light to work.  What am I doing wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Truemtn,

Which IFTTT recipe are you referring to? Please provide a link to the recipe.

JamesC

romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved? As for the recipe, see the following link: https://ifttt.com/recipes/413212-if-arlo-detects-motion-turn-on-phillips-hue-lights.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

romiller06,

I see you have already opened a case with the support team regarding this issue.

I will escalate this case for further investigation and keep you posted on the results.

JamesC

romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant
It looks like everything is working now! Not sure what you all changed on the backend, but that fixed my issue!
mkotzan
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue here. here is the error - the case # is 2722  6014

Please Help if possible for myself and community!

Blink Hue Lights When Arlo Detects Motion

The last 100 log items for this Recipe:
EdBish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. New system all updates ran. 

An error with Arlo prevented your Recipe from working. Edit the Arlo Channel or try again. If errors persist, visit the Help page for support.

Recipe ID 43168076

mkotzan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I completely removed my arlo account then recreated it, then reconnected it to ifttt. Thats what it took to get ifttt working again. More recently an issue w phillips hue just required disconnecting and reconnecting to ifttt. So in general maybe the first thing to try is disconnecting from ifttt and/or recreating arlo /hue accounts