Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000r6 Will Not Connect to Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, My VMB5000r6 Will Not Connect to Homekit.  Can you help to issue a Token?   Thank you for your help in advanced!!!

13 REPLIES 13
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I see two on your account. Are you wanting a token reset for both of them?

SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  Please.  can't believe the response is this quick.  Thanks a lot!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

I powered off and restart the base stations.  tried to run the setup again.  It asked for HomeKit QR code which I don't have.  I closed the window and it stay on the looking for QR code screen. 

SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't find the HomeKit setup code in the box or the VMB5000.  Can Arlo provide me the setup code?

Thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset the token again. In the instructions I sent you within the link, use the setup without a code instructions. 

SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still same error.  It asked for the setup code.  If I click continue, it will keep running..  I have 2 VMB5000, the other one works fine with setup but I can't access to the local recording any more (even from same network). I tried to replace with this new one (may still under warranty) that can access local recording but can't do the HomeKit.    Thank you for checking.  This is the screenprint.   The old VMB5000 works just fine and will continue to next screen. 

IMG_2813.PNG

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to reset the basestation and have the token reset again. So not a restart but a full reset. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I know we reset them both last time, can you please send me a DM of the serial number you are needing to reset again?

SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I haven't reset before.  I only restart by power off.  I just did the reset.  Give me a hour to setup everything and I will let you know.  We can try to issue the token again, if it still not working, I will sent you all the info,  Thank you!

SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Could you please send me the token?  I just reset basestation (without add any cameras)  The basestation named alro4k.  Thank you!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It is reset, please follow the instructions I had previously sent within the link. 

SLAM402
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried.  Still same issue, pop up for the setup code.  VMB5000 NA/VMB5000r6  firmware 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3