Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000 -- HomeKit stuck at "Connecting to Bridge"

Discussion stats
MulletFace
Initiate
Initiate

I'm trying to connect my Arlo cameras to HomeKit and the process fails at the "Connecting to Bridge" step.  I'm adding through the Arlo app, not through the Apple Home app.

Steps:

1. Base Station device settings >
  2. [HomeKit] >
  3. "Discovering your device. Please wait"  > [Basestation XYZ]  SUCCESS
  4. "Select a Home" > [My Home]
  5. "Select a Room" > [Default Room]
  6. "Requesting HomeKit info..."  SUCCESS
  7. "Locate the QR code" > [Continue]
  8. "Add Accessory" > scan QR code >
  9. "Connecting to Bridge"  HANGS

I'm trying to connect to a new Apple HomePod Mini (running iOS 15.0).

VMB5000 Base Station and all cameras are running latest firmware.

I'm using the latest version of the Arlo app (3.5.6)

iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 15.0.2

I've rebooted all devices multiple times (Base Station, cameras, HomePod, iPhone).  I've removed and re-added the Base Station multiple times.  I've tried the HomePod in various locations around the house, including right next to the Base Station.  Frustrating as I went with Arlo on the basis of the integration with HomeKit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ehendrix23 @MulletFace

I have reset your HomeKit tokens, Please reboot your base station and try again.

Thank You

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
ehendrix23
Initiate
Initiate

Having the exact same issue. Going through steps, "Connecting to Bridge" and it hangs. On latest firmware. 

When trying to connect through the Home app and adding accessory I get it is an uncertified accessory.

Help!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ehendrix23 @MulletFace

I have reset your HomeKit tokens, Please reboot your base station and try again.

Thank You

MulletFace
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks! It's working now

Fyressum
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue,
Done all the same things.

Stuck at connecting to bridge
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Fyressum

tamimf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the exact same issues as the previous replies.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tamimf

I have reset 2/3 of your devices, if you can bring your Smart Hub back online I will reset the HomeKit token for this as well. 

Thanks

califdude
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

Could I get a reset ? For some reason it wouldn’t work on homekit when away from home network, so redoing homekit and stuck in discovering
tamimf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, thank you for that but I believe my video doorbell is on the fritz now. Other than that I’ve got the Smart Hub connected, so you can reset the HomeKit token
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @califdude

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tamimf

thmxfy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, my smart hub also seems to be having the same issue with being stuck on connecting when trying to connect it to homekit. Can you help?

raiden21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have this issue of adding to HomeKit hangs, please reset.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@raiden21 @thmxfy

jflenniken
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow I have this same problem, seems to be a ton of threads on this.  Brand new out of box, can't connect to homekit.  :(. I guess can I get a reset too?  This really sounds like an issue that needs a software fix instead of folks having to do this over and over, no?

LeeG3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. It is stuck at “connecting to Bridge” can the arlo moderator please help me? Thanks!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jflenniken 

@LeeG3

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please reset mine,

Upgraded from vmb4500 to 5000.

Disconnected the old one and ran all the upgrades, still no luck. This might do the trick.

Best rgrs.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@HMW-transport

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your base station and try again.

GuntherV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, same problem here, stuck on ‘connecting to the bridge. Can you please reset the tokens? Thanks, Gunther

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GuntherV

rafauhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's the same thing with me. I am trying to connect it through the Arlo app but it hangs.

Tried resetting the base station, but nothing. Not sure if there is any other step I am missing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rafauhu

milindc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same problem. I have another VMB4000 smart hub that I have removed from HomeKit, but still getting this issue.