Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SeymourS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to connect my base (VMB4000r3) to Apple Homekit. I've read in the Arlo community that this was solved with a "token reset". How can I make this request or is a community mod able to help me with this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

SeymourS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. That made it work immediately.

Gsjtjdicndak
Star
Star

I have the same issue with a VMB4000r3 base station.  Could you please reset my token as well?

SN 4R036C7HA20B0

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gsjtjdicndak,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

martin8888
Guide
Guide

Hi there. I think I have the same issue. HomeKit doesn’t appear as an option on my app for my basestation vmb4000r3

can you reset it please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

martin8888
Guide
Guide

Thank you. I’ve restarted it several times but the HomeKit option still doesn’t appear within the app?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

martin8888,

If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to factory reset and re-onboard your base station. Afterward, I can send another token reset and you can test  to see if that works.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

JamesC

Gsjtjdicndak
Star
Star

This was successful, thank you JamesC... although I got a warning from Apple that my base station is not Homekit certified and I was disappointed that iCloud+ video saves and history are not supported.  This would give me some comfort as Arlo EOL's various devices.