Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight in Zoom, Messenger etc.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lassi1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have made an order of Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. Let’s assume it works normally as a a security cam in my system. I want to use it like a webcam with Zoom, Messenger etc. Can I find this Arlo with  iSpy and make it a virtual cam. Then I can choose this virtual cam as video input in Zoom and Messenger.

I tried the same with Logitech Cirlce 3 but it will not work. iSpy  will not find this camera in my network even if I use the correct IP address.

Will Arlo act the same way or can it be found and used?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lassi1000,

To view Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight streams, you must use the Arlo mobile app or a supported partner integration, see here: What smart home and voice assistant systems can I use with my Arlo devices?

JamesC

Lassi1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, thank you for your answers. There seem to be a large number of partners, big ones, like IFTTT - must go through there systems, who knows if there is some kind of a virtual camera in IFTTT.

Just got today the shipment of Pro 3 Floodlight and some gear (solar panel and wire for it, VMB5000 hub. Is there product registration of products? If yes what is are the benefits old registration?

Lassi

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no registration. The setup of the system provides some info to Arlo while your receipt provides proof and date of purchase for the warranty.