Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Understanding Arlo Ultra Limitations with smartthings integration

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KH1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have been talking to Arlo Support and they tell me that there should be an update by the end of Summer to bring the Ultra into SmartThings and IFTTT - great news for me as it will be a while until i will be in a place to set up my smart home equipment.

Want I wanted to understand was what is different (except the hub) between the currently SmartThings compatible cameras, and the Ultra/Pro 3 which prevented them from showing when connecting into SmartThings. Is there a different communication protocol etc or is it simply that the Device Handler/SmartApp doesnt look for those models as they are not listed in the code?

3 REPLIES 3
jurbansk
Initiate
Initiate

Unfortunately my system is already up and running and the upgrade to the ultra smart hub and two ultra cameras as an addition to my security surveillance has been a great disappointment because of this inability to integrate with SmartThings.

The end of summer 2020 is a long time off and I will be adding additional cameras well before then. Obviously they won't be the Arlo Ultra cameras but its good to know that eventually I will be able to use the two I have with my system. THis is disappointing because the camera is awesome but useless if it is not integrate-able with a smart hub system.

KH1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree it is a long time to wait. I am moving into a new home and don't want to buy Pro 2 for automation in ST only to upgrade when the Ultra supports it.

I did feel there was a language barrier though as the person on live chat I dont think realised what I was asking. I had to push for an "any idea when it might work with smartthings?" and was told "we cannot know that at this time". I changed tacts to "can you at least give me an estimate - end of spring, end of summer, end of the year" and was told "yes by end of summer we have update"...

KH1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

See below for response on Amazon UK which i received from Arlo stating they "hope that this functionality will be available in the future"

Annotation 2020-02-13 162137.png