Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to connect to HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
AdvocateUK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I received my Arlo baby camera today and whenever I try and connect it to HomeKit I get the message “The setup code is incorrect”
I have updated the firmware and tried a factory reset as suggested in another thread here but to no avail.
I tried using the “Live Chat” from the support page but over an hour later am still 3rd in the queue.
I bought this camera specifically for HomeKit support.
Not impressed so far.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdvocateUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is now fixed. 
After spending an hour with a very nice person in Live Chat called RD, we had gotten precisely nowhere close to fixing it and RD promised me my issue would be escalated.  After closing the chat I googled “Arlo Baby HomeKit code” and found a review saying that their HomeKit code was on the base of the camera.

So, after taking the feet off the bottom of the camera I did indeed find an 8 digit code printed onto the white base of the camera. This code worked to add the camera to HomeKit, and was/is completely different to the code on the back of the QuickStart guide.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AdvocateUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is now fixed. 
After spending an hour with a very nice person in Live Chat called RD, we had gotten precisely nowhere close to fixing it and RD promised me my issue would be escalated.  After closing the chat I googled “Arlo Baby HomeKit code” and found a review saying that their HomeKit code was on the base of the camera.

So, after taking the feet off the bottom of the camera I did indeed find an 8 digit code printed onto the white base of the camera. This code worked to add the camera to HomeKit, and was/is completely different to the code on the back of the QuickStart guide.