Unable to add vmb5000 - stuck adding accessory

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RLZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
May I please get a new token or reset token? I’ve tried everything but I’m not able to add my base station to HomeKit. It’s stuck at adding accessory.

Thank you
14 REPLIES 14
RLZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. I would really like to add Arlo to HomeKit. I see from previous posts that people get this done even on the weekend. Please reset my token.

Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

RLZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but I got online with support last night to get this fixed and it was working. I hope this didn’t mess with that and I have to setup homekit again?
RLZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yup. Messed everything up. I now have to go through and setup everything again.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

A reboot and a factory reset are two different options, a reboot is your base station or Smart hub being turned off/on.

RLZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now I can’t remove it from within the Arlo app from homekit. It says it is not responsive. I can view all cameras and rebooted twice but still can’t remove it from homekit.
RLZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had to remove the base station from the Arlo app and climb the ladder 7 times. I have my cameras working and in homekit. My trial is still valid so I’ll go through setup again. Please close this as resolved.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, I am glad it is working for you now. 

kbonno
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I have a token reset also? Is it possible to self serve and take care of this ourselves instead of having to post to a forum for support?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kbonno,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

kbonno
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked like a charm thanks! Point of feedback, PLEASE make this self service. If I hadn’t found this post I would have returned ALL of my arlo products!
sferros
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I please have a token reset as well? I cannot add my SmartHub etc, it just hangs there spinning, or I get the “Unable to add accessory” if I try to add via Home app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sferros,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

sferros
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @JamesC, all good now – I'm able to add my SmartHub to HomeKit.