Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trigger Recording when door opens with Smartthing (record within Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
bigdaddybama
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my Arlo Pro system up and running and really like it. I have the camera in a room that gets a lot of traffic in and out of a door. I do not want to record every time there is movement in the room, only briefly after the door is opened. The door has a sensor on it that is linked to my Smartthings hub as is my Arlo camera. Right now I have it set to record in Smartthings once the switch on the door is opened. This works OK but the video is stored in Smartthings and not in the arlo app. The Smartthings setup says that the video storage is free during the Beta period. I would like to store the video using the Arlo system as the storage is free to the cloud and also backed up on my usb on my base station. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bigdaddybama,

When using the Smartthings app, recordings should be saved both in that app and your Arlo library.

Are recordings not already being saved in your Arlo library as well?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bigdaddybama,

When using the Smartthings app, recordings should be saved both in that app and your Arlo library.

Are recordings not already being saved in your Arlo library as well?

JamesC

bigdaddybama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback. After your help i figured out the the problem is the IOS app. It would not show the recorded videos but when i logged in on the PC all the videos were there. I saw that this is a none issue with the IOS app. Again, thanks for your help.

Mark

Aloha9
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only some of my cameras record movement?? I seem to have all set the same can't figure out why some won't record movement