Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

All of my Arlo cameras have been showing “not responding” in Apple Home app as of 6/25/2023.

I’ve removed my Arlo hub from HomeKit but I’m unable to add it setup Arlo to HomeKit. When I try to run setup, it get stuck on discovering devices.

Can I please get a token reset so that I may be able to re-add my hub/cameras back to Apple

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

158 REPLIES 158
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

andru13
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks.  this seems to be a real issue since there are a bunch of people posting the same thing.  anyway to roll back from that last update?  

TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

sferros
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also experiencing this issue, my cameras, 9 of them, have stopped working with HomeKit and are not showing in the Home app. Please Arlo, please, don't make me reset all of my devices and then set everything up again. This is a painful and time consuming process. I'm very much hoping we can avoid a token reset.

sferros
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also experience the same issue. I'm hoping I can avoid a token reset as I have 2 SmartHubs and 9 cameras that I'd have to set up again. Initial setup was a painful and time consuming to say the least. Relying on just the Arlo app will not do as it takes forever to access a live video feed. Accessing the camera feeds via HomeKit and the Home app was reliably a few seconds at most. Can we please get an update on this?

JP_13
Guide
Guide

My Arlo cameras were previously working with HomeKit and today they were not accessible. I have rebooted several times and nothing. I even performed a factory reset and went through the laborious process of reconnecting all of my cameras. Well all except the doorbell as it won’t reconnect to the base. Guess it’s time to upgrade to the new Ring Pro 2. 

But I at least got my $950 Arlo Ultra 2 cameras working again…but now I cannot get it to reconnect with to HomeKit!

Can I have my HomeKit token reset please?!

TheGrayingTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

My HomeKit was connected then refused to reinitialize. I reset my phone, router, base station. Then I did a factory reset. Everything is fully up-to-date. I saw several posts mentioning a Token Reset. Is it possible to request one for my system?

Kbj88au
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, 

I have an Arlo VMB5000r6 that I am wanting to connect via my HomeKit for monitoring on my MacBook. 

I am unable to do so, I try via the app doesn't pick up my work. I try via home kit, I keep getting Accessory not found.

Is anyone able to give me any advice? I did see a few other posts about Token resets? not sure if that is something I am able to obtain.

Thanking you,

Kyle. 

Bamcconn
Guide
Guide

Same issue as everyone else with loss of HomeKit integration.

Uber frustrating given how complex and time consuming it is to set back up, rename, reorder and reapply automation rules. Just a few days ago I had to perform a factory reset on one base station because it would not upgrade to the newer firmware version and removed itself from HomeKit and the Arlo app. Had to then set back up 7 cameras that were connected to it.

I’ve been waiting for over a year for a firmware update to my Arlo wireless doorbell that allows for HomeKit integration. Instead I’m getting firmware updates for everything else that’s removing it…

jk585
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three base stations, and all three of them suddenly started having this issue - all were working fine with HomeKit for months. May I please have my HomeKit token reset for all three? They are all VMB5000r6, with the latest firmware. Please let me know if you need any more info from me. Thanks so much!

Virginia_user
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Support Team,

I have Ultra Smart Hub and have three Pro 4, one pro flash, and one wired doorbell connected to it. It was working fine and I was able to view the cameras in the Apple Home App. It stopped working today and after multiple troubleshooting, I reset the smart hub, removed it from the Arlo iOS app, and restarted it. I am able to add the Hub and the cameras in the Arlo App. However, when I am trying to add the Hub to the Apple Home App, it is giving Accessory Not Found.

Could you please help with the issue? Also, read in this forum that there is a token reset that support team sends to the Hub. Will that help, and it is helps, could you please do that?

oenava
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could I get a token reset, I too

have the issue with homekit not connecting 

Ar8810
Tutor
Tutor

I was lucky in spite of tech support on chat telling me to remove and add again, l insisted to check on system status it seems there is an outage, Arlo tech team please give us an ETA and confirm the general understanding to wait and “Not” remove hub and add again thanks 

Ar8810
Tutor
Tutor

Same issues, it seems there is an outage, did anyone heard from Arlo on an ETA 

doncarajo
Apprentice
Apprentice

I recently removed an Arlo wireless doorbell from my account. Now my homekit feeds don't work. I removed my two base stations from homekit but when I try to reconnect them, they are not found. Any help?

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Reporting: VMB5000 firmware update 1.21.1.0_1429_89b168 breaks HomeKit.

Multiple reports on Reddit.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Where?

Has it broken yours?

I think concrete evidence needs to be presented before any claims. 

ajgale75
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my cameras went no response  HomeKit but worked fine In Arlo app. I removed the hub in HomeKit but now the Arlo app is stuck at discovering devices. Can I get a token reset?

Menxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I’ve even tried removing the base station and re adding it to my account. Still stuck at discovering when I click Setup in the Arlo app. 

Will a token reset work in these cases?

ALSTi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removed from Home Kit and now stuck on Device Discovery so. Do I need a token sent?

matteastnz
Aspirant
Aspirant

My HomeKit integration stopped today, I could see all my cameras, but they were disconnected on all my iOS devices. Should I just do a factory reset and setup HomeKit again…and what is this Token reset that everyone seems to be getting done, is there no way to do this myself via the online portal (or app), seems like these resets have been going on for years. There must be a better way given how frequently these are requested? Surely there is a better use of your (and my) time? If not, can you please reset mine and we’ll see how that goes.

joelt999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James but unfortunately that didn't work.  One of my hubs has a HomeKit setup code and one does not.  I've tried both setup methods and neither works.

I am hopeful this will be fixed in a new firmware update...these cameras have worked flawlessly for 2 years and now the whole thing is hopelessly broken...

Thanks

Ssam
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras have stopped working in HomeKit. They still work fine in arlo app but in HomeKit they show as not responding. They had been working in HomeKit until now when they stopped. Any suggestions?

RULLI
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB5000r4 base station that is not able to connect to apple HomeKit. I believe I need to request a token reset? 

The_1_GR81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a HomeKit token reset? Thank you.