Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

All of my Arlo cameras have been showing “not responding” in Apple Home app as of 6/25/2023.

I’ve removed my Arlo hub from HomeKit but I’m unable to add it setup Arlo to HomeKit. When I try to run setup, it get stuck on discovering devices.

Can I please get a token reset so that I may be able to re-add my hub/cameras back to Apple

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

158 REPLIES 158
TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue since this morning 6/25/2023 (but seems to have happened over night). All my Arlo cameras are displaying “no response” in Apple hHome app. And Arlo app is stuck trying to discover devices when trying to setup my Arlo hub and cameras back into HomeKit.

sounds like an Arlo problem. Hope they fix soon.

lw9090
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here too. I chatted with support and they have no idea. Worked an hour on reseting, removing adding all my devices twice. This is so BS

joelt999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

After the firmware update I can no longer setup HomeKit in the Arlo app for either of my 2 hubs.  

Please send me the token reset asap...

Thanks,

Joel

TreyKC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also need a token reset please.

lw9090
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think alot of people do.   No support

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joelt999, TreyKC, lw9090

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

lw9090
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, not working,   I have done all that with Chat support as well.

miked4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything was working fine, and suddenly, the Homekit options stopped showing up in the Arlo app. Now, the Apple Home app can't connect to the cameras. I rebooted my base station and iPhone. I deleted and reinstalled the Arlo app on my phone. Everything is connected to the same Wifi network. That being said, I still don't see the Homekit settings in the Arlo app.

How can I get the Homekit connection to come back?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

Thx. I’ve unplugged the power and reconnected. Waited till Arlo base station came back online. Tried to setup HomeKit but it just sits there spinning and not finding my device.

what else is needed?

RLZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Just noticed it this morning. It was working fine yesterday. I hope I don't need another token reset.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TorontoArloPro 

Yes, I'm still inquiring with my team on this one. I will be sure to update you ASAP.

andru13
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS  i have the same issue.  I have tried all the steps can someone reset my token I have a ticket open but this is annoying.  it happened after whatever firmware update you pushed.  kind of surprised this wasn't part of your QA testing before pushing this update to prod.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@andru13 

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same thing.  I noticed my base station received a firmware update early this morning.   Cameras were no longer displaying in HomeKit.    Contacted support for a reset token.   They said they did it, unplugged base station, rebooted,  Base station still not being discovered.   

Contacted support again, and went through the same process.     Still no base station being discovered.     Apparently the firmware update did something.

Please advise.

TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve opened a case with Arlo support. They requested me to remove my Arlo base station from my account (delete) then do a reset ion the base station by holding the reset button on vmb5000 (base station) for 15 sec., then re-add my base station in the Arlo app and all my cameras. I can connect to the base station in the Arlo app, but still can’t add these devices to Apple HomeKit - it just spins and can’t find the base station.

don’t know what firmware I was running prior to 6/25-26/2023. I am currently on firmware 1.21.1.0_1429_898b168

Everything in HomeKit was running smoothly until this morning 6/26/2023.

I see other people reporting issues in the forums as of 6/26/2023. I suspect it’s firmware.

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same firmware version I am on right now.   Amazing.  Every time the update firmware they break something.    

No reason to delete the base station from my account and reinstall when everything is working fine in the rest of the app.   

I probably shouldn't have deleted the base station from HomeKit and just waited for a firmware fix.

lw9090
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please rollback the firmware update for the vmb5000 hub?

you broke Homekit

andru13
Aspirant
Aspirant

That didn't work.  I have rebooted all my devices and even power cycled them.  I still can't connect via homekit which was working fine a few days ago 

MarkSA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Cameras stopped showing in Homekit today 06.26.2023.

Basestation: VMB5000r5

FW: 1.21.1.0_1429_898b168

May I get my token reset?

Currently unable to add the bridge using homekit or the iOS Arlo app.

Thanks,

Aaron Mark

andru13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think there is a real issue going on since you are not the only one and i have been unable to resolve my issue with them.  I think it has to do with that firmware update.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@andru13 Thanks for letting me know, I have notified my team and I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

MarkSA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, that is what I have been seeing in the forums. But it doesn't look like the token reset has helped many to get it all working.

Crossing my fingers I don't have to do something like downgrade the fw and/or re-add the cameras as they are in all difficult places.

Hope you are not having the same issues.

Beast
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue for me as of this morning 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC