Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have two base stations in my home VMB5000 and VMB4000.  I was able to successfully setup the VMB5000 in homekit, but when I log into my account and try to setup the VMB4000 all I get is a screen  that says discovering you device please wait, make sure your arlo camera is powered on ......  But it is not discovering, or even trying to discover, it's just blank.  I know I have seen this issue raised before, has this been fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey bmwdriver7175,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey bmwdriver7175,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks that did the trick. One more question I have four cams connected 3 Arlo pro 2 and one video doorbell. It found the Arlo 2’s but does not see the doorbell. Is that by design? Thanks for the help.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you saying you are wanting to add the Arlo Video Doorbell onto Apple HomeKit? If so, we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

However, there are other discussions on this topic in the Arlo Idea Exchange. I encourage you to visit these discussions and offer your support by adding kudos: HomeKit support for Arlo Video Doorbell.