Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just happend to know that "arlo wire-free cameras" work with "Samsung SmartThings". Is it possible to Start recording on "arlo wire-free" when motion detected on  "Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor"  ?

This setup really helps as I want to place a camera at end of hallway and install a motion sensonr beginning of hallway. so that it will start capturing video as soon as some one enter hallway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

@iosman123 wrote:

Just happend to know that "arlo wire-free cameras" work with "Samsung SmartThings". Is it possible to Start recording on "arlo wire-free" when motion detected on  "Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor"  ? California air tools 10020c

This setup really helps as I want to place a camera at end of hallway and install a motion sensonr beginning of hallway. so that it will start capturing video as soon as some one enter hallway.

thanks my issue has been fixed,, thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@iosman123,

Yes you can. In Smartthings you can create a custom rule, (in the Classic app - an automation in the newer app), so that when the Smartthings motion senses motion it will trigger the camera to record). I do this a lot. If you need help with this let me know.

Brian

iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

@iosman123 wrote:

Just happend to know that "arlo wire-free cameras" work with "Samsung SmartThings". Is it possible to Start recording on "arlo wire-free" when motion detected on  "Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor"  ? California air tools 10020c

thanks my issue has been fixed,, thanks