Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
coldweatherguy
Follower
Follower

Hello everyone!

I have searched high and low, and cannot find any answers or help that are within the last year on this topic.

I just purchased the arlo pro system, love the camera and the siren, but am suffering major battery issues.

I followed all the steps correctly, and have paired my system with Smartthings. When Smartthings is connected to my Arlo, battery life drains significantly. 

I'm not even using the live view, simply leaving the camera attached with Smartthings, kills the battery.

I have set it up with SHM and only arm the camera when I am gone. Motion is set to default of 80, and seems to be fine. I have also turned off the Camera LED in the Arlo web app.

Installed the camera last thursday, and the battery is at 24% in less than a week!

2 days ago, I removed the camera completly from Smartthings to see if that was the culprit, and used just the Arlo app and Geofencing.

I saw NO drain in 48 hours!

Repairing it back to Smartthings last night, caused the battery to go from 41% to 24%!

No motion detection alerts last night, was simply in the ARMED status.

What is going on here?!

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Wonder if the Smart thing is causing a bit of polling to the cameras ( more than normal )

**guess here **

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

coldweatherguy,

It definitely sounds like Smartthings could be causing an issue here. This problem will likely take more in-depth troubleshooting to resolve, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Deevly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having a similar issue.