Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ketchup_Mayo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

Since yesterday, I am no longer able to control my arlo devices from Samsung SmartThings.

Tried to unlink and re-link Arlo services but with no success.

Is there something broken in terms of service integration between SmartThings and Arlo?

Thanks & Regards,

Ketchup_Mayo

62 REPLIES 62
devilworks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the heads up. My integration is working again. The only problem is my base station control page is shown as a camera. There is no button to turn on/off the alarm as it should.

Screenshot_20230622_230750_SmartThings.png

Maili
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can confirm it works again

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Actually I´m having same problem here with my base station: it´s detected as camera.

Is anybody else having problems detecting motion or sound with the cams via SmartThings?

FlannelNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm that my cameras appeared back in SmartThings today at 3am.

So thanks to those involved that resolved the problem.

Arlo Communications team you need to do better though, a quick post that "we know" and "solution coming tonight" would make a huge difference to your customers. Even if it's not your end at fault.

In my case all cameras were still offline though so a removal and re-link in ST got them all working again. 

devilworks
Aspirant
Aspirant

The motion detection is working without any problem, not yet tested with sound detection.

I have relinked the base station but still detected as a camera. The routine and scene can control base station alarm like normal, but not from base station control page.

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for answer, I will then once again remove and do the linking if my motion detection would start to work.

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, I had to make linking from the scratch and now everything works properly, if someone else is having the same problem.

Happy times 😎

zzed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anything further on this?  I have Pro 2 Camera's.  They deactivated about the same time.  I actually got hold of a human at Arlo and he told me I had to buy a service.  The camera broke because it needed a security patch and they stopped providing free updates.  Which service do I need to buy?  The web site seems to indicate that the free version still works.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zzed wrote:

I actually got hold of a human at Arlo and he told me I had to buy a service. 

You reached a scammer.  Googling for phone numbers usually results in that.

Hopefully you did not give him your account credentials.

zzed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, he got me.  I called him.  I did give him access to my Arlo account but then changed the password after and did a factor reset.  What else should I do?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zzed wrote:

Well, he got me.  I called him.  I did give him access to my Arlo account but then changed the password after and did a factor reset.  What else should I do?

Changing the account password should be enough, as long as it is strong enough that he can't guess it.

If you have a subscription, then also keep an eye on the credit card associated with the account.  He shouldn't have seen any more than the last four digits, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

zzed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  No financial info in my account so I’m lucky.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zzed wrote:

Thanks.  No financial info in my account so I’m lucky.  

Great.

Also make sure he didn't share your cameras with a "friend" account he created.  Unlikely, but worth checking.