Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartHub VMB5000r5 isn't discoverable within HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

My #Ultra2 was working fine in HomeKit. This weekend I changed wireless access points, and added a new Eero 6E. Within HomeKit Arlo was not responding. Firmware 1.20.3.

I removed Arlo from HomeKit, and now when I try and add the basestation back it stays on the "Discovering your device" mode and never connects.

I've rebooted the basestation, iPhone, etc, but I can't add back the basestation back into HomeKit as it never gets discovered. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC....thanks for replying. I've rebooted (removed and reapplied power after waiting for 60 secs). I've also followed the instructions you provided, but the Arlo app never gets beyond "Discovering your device. Please wait."Please let me know next steps. I've also opened a case with Arlo support and can provide the case number if that's helpful. Thank you for your assistance.

Keith

@JamesC