Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Simplisafe pseudo integration

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Here is what I would like to do.  

Equipment:

Arlo Camera

Chamberlain MyQ Smartphone Controller for a Garage Door

Scenario:

When the garage door opens, the Arlo camera in the garage turns on for 90 seconds and records who comes in.

Initial thought would be to use a text from the MyQ to trigger the Arlo camera to come on using IFTTT.  I can create the trigger but no way to turn the camera on due to the lack of integration with IFTTT.

Anyone have any thoughts?  I have tried to follow some of the strings on using Python for Sonos control, so I am assuming that it could be done for Arlo, but I just exceeded my programming knowledge on this one sentence.

thanks

iosman

1 REPLY 1
iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

@iosman123 wrote:

Hello,

Here is what I would like to do.  

Equipment:

Arlo Camera

Chamberlain MyQ Smartphone Controller for a Garage Door

Scenario:

When the garage door opens, the Arlo camera in the garage turns on for 90 seconds and records who comes in.

Initial thought would be to use a text from the MyQ to trigger the Arlo camera to come on using IFTTT.  I can create the trigger but no way to turn the camera on due to the lack of integration with IFTTT.

Anyone have any thoughts?  I have tried to follow some of the strings on using Python for Sonos control , so I am assuming that it could be done for Arlo, but I just exceeded my programming knowledge on this one sentence.

thanks

iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.