Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reset homekit token

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
RyoWong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I had to delete my two Arlo smart hub from HomeKit and cannot add them back. 

I have read that one needs a reset token from you that is sent to the base station and then allows for the process to work. 

Can I please request the token and a confirmation that it has been sent?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RyoWong, heckler96

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
heckler96
Guide
Guide

Can I please have the token too for HomeKit?

Thank you

KA

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RyoWong, heckler96

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

heckler96
Guide
Guide

Thank you James,

All good.

h

dannyC1986
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I please have my token reset too for HomeKit?

Thank you

RyoWong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, works great now!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dannyC1986,

JamesC

dannyC1986
Aspirant
Aspirant

works. thank you!

Zyzlt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this issue, can my token be reset.

Kapl
Aspirant
Aspirant

0AF809A8-5668-474D-AF76-353AEC216A52.png

Can I get my token reset as well?  Same issue as everyone else here. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zyzlt, Kapl

JamesC

joenick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess others have had this issue, but in setting up the VMB5000, Homekit sees the device, and everything looks happy, except it asks for either a QR scan or an 8-digit code that doesn't exist anywhere.

On other threads, I've seen the recommendation to follow the "without a code" instructions-- except that, too, winds up asking for a code.

Is this one of those token reset situations?