Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: iOS 15.2 and Arlo app 3.5.10 (2888) - HomeKit Not Available

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
greenyfox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica, 

Would you please send me the token as well?

Arlo app verions: 3.5.10

Firmware: 1.17.0.0_3953_6ba79e5

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi greenyfox, Nomad76, tryn722, Kgk1983, JosephPaquette,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nomad76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. My Arlo stopped working with my Apple Homekit. I searched the forum and the solution seems to be a reset token.  So... Can you please send me a rest token? 

Thank you.

tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I picked up a set of Arlo Pro 2's. All four are connected in the Arlo App and working fine. All firmware is up to date. When I go to add the system to HomeKit: Arlo App>Devices>Base Station>HomeKit, It hangs at discovering devices. All else appears to be in order. Please Help!!

Kgk1983
Initiate
Initiate
Hello,

I have been having problems setting up homekit on my vmb4000 basestation. Historically, everything worked fine with the vmb4000 and homekit. I am guessing there was some updates at some point; and now lost the ability to add arlo to homekit. Does anyone have any sugggestions? I was reading that some needed a token and then reboot to get it to work.
JosephPaquette
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having issues connecting my Base Station to HomeKit. I have followed every tip available only to be disappointed. Details:

Arlo Pro Base Station

Model: VMB4000r3

S/N: 4R04777WA368E

MAC: 9C3DCF50BEBD

Current Firmware: 1.17.0.0 3953 6ba79e5

SmartHub

Apple tv 4K

Issue

All connection suggestions from Arlo are not solutions to this problem.

First suggestion states to scan the HomeKit QR code on the bottom of the Base Station. My Base Station did not come with a HomeKit QR code.

Second suggestion states to add HomeKit manually by Settings > My Devices > Base Station > HomeKit

After following these prompts I am left with the following message:

Discovering your device. Please wait.

Make sure your Arlo Camera is powered on and nearby. Check that you have the latest firmware version in Settings > My Devices > Device Info > Firmware.

As stated above, the firmware is version 1.17.0.0 3953 6ba79e5 and the app states "No updates available."

After browsing support articles it seems that Arlo needs to provide some kind of token to correct this issue. Please get back to me as soon as possible with the correct resolution. Thank you.

tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve installed a set of Arlo Pro 2 through the Arlo app and I’m stuck at device discovery. Doesn’t find a thing. Can you please reset my token?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi greenyfox, Nomad76, tryn722, Kgk1983, JosephPaquette,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JosephPaquette
Initiate
Initiate
That did it. Much appreciated for the speedy solution. Thank you 🙏