Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
SableBlack
Tutor
Tutor

Hi!
I started having issues with my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Smartthings today's morning , all the cameras and base station's siren were showing offline in the Smartthings app so I decided to remove them from Smartthings and try to add them again, but I have not been able to do so. Smartthings shows an error saying than an unexpected error occurred. The error is shown after the Arlo credentials are typed in and I allow Smartthings to access Arlo's information . I'm wondering if this issue may be related to the recent firmware update that was released for the VMB4000 base station. A screenshot of the error message is attached.

Any hints are very appreciated
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bethanie2384
Guide
Guide
Someone in SmartThings commented on my post about this issue with this:

Brad_ST
Brad
2h
A hotfix was just released from the ST side to address these issues.

..And it worked...cameras loaded up see pic!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Bethanie2384
Guide
Guide
Same issue:same model
pdefeo
Guide
Guide

Same here.  I noticed it yesterday when my cameras showed offline in SmartThings.  When I try to reconnect the Arlo service, I get a "Network or server error.  Please try again later."  The Arlo app and web interface are both working.

Bethanie2384
Guide
Guide

It's not even network error, it is a coding error.  I think it is more a Smartthings issue, so I put in a ticket with them.  I deleted both apps Smartthings/Arlo. Reloaded them, connected Arlo cameras just fine in the Arlo App.  Went to connect the cameras in Smartthings it asks me to login with Arlo account (that step works) then asks me to allow and I get that error message.

Screenshot included:

2C13629B-30A6-4038-B729-A87CC1C9BB69.png

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

SpiralD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this because Arlo just made 2 factor authentication mandatory?

Is there no mechanism to grant tokens to other devices? A major selling point was that it works with HomeAssistant and now HA users are saying it just broke as well.

I received my Arlo Ultra system yesterday and have not unpacked it yet. I have a second one on order for a relative. I'm considering returning and cancelling orders for $1200.00 of Arlo gear if this will not work.

Please tell us what your plans are regarding the ability of external systems like SmartThings and HomeAssistant to access/control Arlo.

I bought Arlo because my vehicle was stolen from my driveway as soon as the lockdown began. Thieves are using this time as an opportunity to crime and we need to choose security systems urgently. Please consider the urgency of your user community's safety preparations in prioritizing your communication in this regard.

pdefeo
Guide
Guide

I don't think so.  I had 2 factor authentication set up for a little while now and it's been working until now.

narehawk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issue. Cameras and base station showed offline from smartthings now after deleting the base stations I can't reconnect. Only get the error mention by everyone else.

bernalja
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Same issue here and same model, would it be related to the latest firmware upgrade? I noticed the issue started last Tuesday (3/31).

SM6666
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having issues using Arlo connect option to a add camera in smartthings app.
Keep getting the error 'try again later'
Camera works in Arlo app and Google home app.
Othere cameras are still working in smarthings.
Bethanie2384
Guide
Guide
Someone in SmartThings commented on my post about this issue with this:

Brad_ST
Brad
2h
A hotfix was just released from the ST side to address these issues.

..And it worked...cameras loaded up see pic!
SableBlack
Tutor
Tutor
Great! Despite the same error message appeared I was able to add my cameras again after clicking done on that error screen.
narehawk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same error but everything worked. I still have the old three camera's that don't work under devices but they don't show on the dashboard. That little work around is cool for me right now. Thanks to whoever put in the hotfix for us.
pdefeo
Guide
Guide

Same here.  Looks like it's working again.

bernalja
Aspirant
Aspirant

Working again.