Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pixel 6 Google phone won't work with Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
bluebirdcottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had to purchase a new phone yesterday and got a Pixel 6. Checked that I have the most current Arlo app installed. The Arlo pictures and videos will not load - the icons just sit there and spin. Unless there's a simple fix, I am going to return the phone and get something different.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bluebirdcottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Pixel 6 kept on having issues with basic apps and other basic functions, so I took it back to Verizon and exchanged it for a Motorola. Everything is now working perfectly, including the Arlo app. The alerts work, the videos load up as normal, and so forth. So obviously the problem is with the Pixel 6. It wouldn't sync with my car, wouldn't charge properly, and was cranky with the home wifi, among other issues. Maybe it was a defective phone. Whatever the problem was, I'm glad to be rid of it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bluebirdcottage,

Does this behave the same when the pixel is on both WiFi and mobile data? Could you provide a screenshot?

Is this happening for both live streams and library recordings?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a Pixel 6 and can load videos just fine. What have you tried and what do you see? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Does it do the same thing on both WiFi and cell service? Is it possible you have security software installed that may somehow block access?

bluebirdcottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for taking time to reply. I took the phone back to the Verizon store the next day. The technician changed a setting and Arlo worked for about a week. Now we're back to the same situation all of a sudden. It simply sits there and churns and does not load the videos or photos. Does not matter whether or not we are on wifi or not. The app was uninstalled and reinstalled. I have not made any changes to the phone or added any new apps. The screenshots will not email from the phone so I can't post them here. 😞

bluebirdcottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Pixel 6 kept on having issues with basic apps and other basic functions, so I took it back to Verizon and exchanged it for a Motorola. Everything is now working perfectly, including the Arlo app. The alerts work, the videos load up as normal, and so forth. So obviously the problem is with the Pixel 6. It wouldn't sync with my car, wouldn't charge properly, and was cranky with the home wifi, among other issues. Maybe it was a defective phone. Whatever the problem was, I'm glad to be rid of it.

Bigfoot_999
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone been able to connect their Google Pixel 6 phone to the ARLO base station. I can't even connect to the base station and what has been in the community chat has no information on how to accomplish that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My Pixel 6 has, and continues, to work fine with Arlo. However, on the off chance it's a specific device issue, I don't have a VMB4000 set up, just SmartHubs.

What are you trying to do, what have you tried and what do you see? What are the LEDs on the base showing?

knoxwood
Tutor
Tutor

I have Pixel 6 and I have no issues with Arlo app.  I did my setup, viewing recording videos and live videos, answering door bell from the phone - no issues at all.