Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Laguna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are there any good z-wave or zigbee external motion detectors that anyone's used?  I have an abode security system (which works with IFTTT) so with this new Arlo integration, I could put some theoretically lower-cost, much-lower-lag device further up my sidewalk and use an IFTTT recipe to get my porch Arlo recording faster.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Now I know there are not too many outdoor all weather sensors.

I am using this zwave sensor http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor/dp/B008D5TYGU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1462...

Works great with my Smart Home and it is an Outdoor Sensor.  No complaints so far.

-Robert
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Laguna,

While IFTTT support is now available, we are still working on optimizing this feature. For best results, we recommend users wait until an official announcement before taking advantage of IFTTT.

JamesC

Laguna
Aspirant
Aspirant

.........James...... did you just tell me not to use IFTTT?  Did you just say you have a live IFTTT channel that we shouldn't use?  Are you indicating it might go away soon?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, he implied that they're killing bugs to make it function 100%

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Camera still has to wake up from Coma no ?????

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are excited to let the community know that IFTTT integration has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC