Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there a way to get a notification from Arlo only , if I have do not disturb activated in my iOS device . I know specific contacts can be added but that's for phone calls . Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jkmail,

To my knowledge there is not a way to allow specific notifications to supersede the Do Not Disturb function. Like you say the only exception appears to be Groups and Contacts. This may be an idea you could suggest to Apple.

Regards,

JamesC

RandB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like more control over the type of notification I receive from Arlo when motion is detected on my security camera. Ie: the specific sound, option to call my phone number. Is this possible?
RandB
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

RandB wrote:
I would like more control over the type of notification I receive from Arlo when motion is detected on my security camera. Ie: the specific sound, option to call my phone number. Is this possible?

At this time you really only have two choices ( calling is not one of them unless you go outside the box possible with IFTTT )

1) pushes

2) email

There is a third sort of option, Text messg from an email address if your phone service allows it.... you use your phone# as an email address and the provider send it out to u as a text.

verizon example;  phone#@vtext.com

I use this as I find it easier to handle texts ( they pop up ) on my android phone over emails... some of the cell providers strip out the extra html but not all so sometimes there is extra characters ... but it will still work

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RandB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the IFTTT - hadn't heard of that before. Easy to do and now the Arlo calls my home phone if it detects motion. Perfect...thanks!!!

RockyMountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please tell me how to setup IFTTT