Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No video from Arlo ultra on Samsung Frame TV via SmartThings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PreferAnonymous
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo Ultra to stream video to a Samsung Frame TV.  My Arlo camera and Samsung TV are both connected to SmartThings.  Although the SmartThings app of the TV shows a label for the Ultra camera and indicates that the camera is mounted on the system, I cannot see any video from the camera.  -- only a printed label, "no motion."  However, I can see Arlo video on the SmartThings app on my iPhone.  

I called Samsung technical support since there are YouTubes showing video streams for multiple Arlo cameras on Samsung TVs.  After a 2 and 1/2 hour phone call with Samsung, they concluded that their new SmartThings app (after the "Classic" version) NO LONGER SUPPORTS Arlo cameras.  When I screen-mirrored the camera video feed from my iPhone, from the Arlo app, the resolution is AWFUL -- even after turning Bluetooth "off," which did improve the picture quality.

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know a way to stream Arlo Ultra video to a Samsung Frame?  

2) What suggestions might you have to get high-res footage streamed via any manner to the Samsung TV?

If I can't resolve this, I will return the camera and urge Arlo to stop advertising it is compatible with SmartThings.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only thing I have for you is to try is to use Alexa....

I stream my cameras ( Ultra too ) to my large Samsung with good rez.  ( not 4k but still good )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
gh8toes
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo cameras also quit streaming on my Samsung TV recently.  They show up in the smart things app, but will not play.  I have gotten around this by telling my Google Assistant to show "XXX" arlo camera on my Chromecast that is connected to the TV.  Much better and larger image than the smart things app.  Sure wish these companies would test out any revisions to their programs before they release them.