Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No recorded video in HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jorisx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I recently got 2 Arlo essential cameras and the base station, every think works and is connected and I see the video live in Apple HomeKit. But there are no clips to go back in time only Live video. I got a Logitech circle which has all the needed options, timeline with video history and live view.

How do I get HomeKit to show the video timeline/scrubber? 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jorisx,

These are not features of the Arlo HomeKit integration. For more information on the Arlo HomeKit integration and what it can do, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062509/What-are-the-benefits-of-connecting-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit

JamesC

Jorisx
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the Arlo cams and system will only be able to stream live video through HomeKit and not give the user a single interface to view their video history via Apple HomeKit.

This seems like a poor integration of HomeKit, bad user experience and as a user you will end up paying for an additional cloud storage subscription. As well as the additional frustration of using multiple apps. 
I’ll have to consider returning the equipment and look for alternative brands that include all HomeKit features. (Like Logitech) 

Maybe good to connect with product engineering and the UX team to better understand the users and their pain-points. And develop products and features that integrate seamlessly. 

Thanks, 

Joris