Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear, I know you are probably aware of this. Since installing the new update on Android I am no longer able to see the battery icons. I am able to seem them when I login via the website. I use rechargable batteries I am not sure if that is the reason why versus normal batteries. Please let us know how you are going to resolve this or when a new app update will be released to fix this.

Thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13
sirmatt101
Tutor
Tutor
I use normal batteries and the icon is not there. Luckily I still have the previous app on another device so can still see the battery state there.
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

sbtyper wrote:

Netgear, I know you are probably aware of this. Since installing the new update on Android I am no longer able to see the battery icons. I am able to seem them when I login via the website. I use rechargable batteries I am not sure if that is the reason why versus normal batteries. Please let us know how you are going to resolve this or when a new app update will be released to fix this.

Thanks. 

Hi @sbtyper,

An update to the Android app will be available soon that will bring back the battery level. For now, you can use the browser app to get the battery level - https://arlo.netgear.com 

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

sbtyper wrote:

Thanks. 

Hi @sbtyper,

An update to the Android app will be available very soon showing the battery level. For now, you can use the browser app to get the battery level https://arlo.netgear.com 

enviousinc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cameras just kill 8 batteries, a day ago was 3 bars with 1 camera and 2 barson the other. Two days later both completely out, dead camera. To the news from Arlo support false indicateion of battery level just continue to use until engineers fix the firmware issue will soon. They need to move fast lots people not happy of spending money on batteries.

Also, the most important is the motion on recording always behind like 1-2 seconds can't capture the front of the moving objects.

Recording starts too slow. ..
Subarusyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Subarusyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi netgear, same thing here too. Battery icon missing after update. Still no news on integration with IFTTT which is quite frustrating as you cannot automate arlo with other bome augomation products i invested in such as lifx,smartthings,amazon echo and nest protect.. was looking at purchasing more arlo cameras and also was looking at arloQ. No IFTTT Integration so will put on hold. Shame as it such a good product and it works!!!!
Subarusyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also recording is also still delayed by 1 or 2 secs as well..
Subarusyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Netgear, as soon i go to the browser arlo http link on my android phone, it is automatically redirecting me to a page saying download the relevant arlo app from the play store?!! It is not loading the login web page.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Subarusyd,

Do you have the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed?

JamesC

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you really want people to use the web portal from mobile devices, then you need to have your webmasters remove the automatic redirect.  Otherwise, just as others have reported, users will end up at a dead end with a page telling you to install an app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's one way to look at it.  Another is to use the (usual) selection from the browser menu to use the desktop version.  It's very similar to many other web sites that detect a mobile device and change the view which you may or may not want.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Most people are not aware of the existence of that option.  If you want to provide barriers to users, the best thing to do is to not explain how to do things to users trying to make your product work.

nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

fact of the matter is that Netgear should not have released the new updated app, the old one worked fine. Its obvious that they are trying to have one app to control the original Arlo product and the new Q product. They must have been under time pressure and have ended up releasing an unfinished app. Ridiculous for a company with such a high brand perception, they will end up destroying the brand if they do not get it sorted in a few days.