Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need Token Reset sent to base station (VMB4000r3 on 1.17.1.2_3987_0e6c162)

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ifop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I'm trying to set up HomeKit on the Arlo app for my base station. I had it working and synced to another HomeKit Home, but I created a new home recently, and when trying to set up HomeKit again from the app, i get stuck on the "Discovering your device. Please wait." screen.

I heard there is some token reset command you can send to my basestation.

Can you do that? 

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

ifop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Your token reset request worked to let me select a basestation and attempt to add it to my HomeKit Home.

However, I run into another issue.

Once the app is at the

Requesting HomeKit info... -> Bridge -> Add to Home 

section, I click "Add to Home", and I get:

"Uncertified Accessory. This accessory is not certified for HomeKit and may not work reliably or securely with this iOS device. Add Anyway / Cancel"

When I click "Add Anyway", I get

"Unable to Add Accessory - The setup code is incorrect."

and I am unable to proceed. Tried repeating the steps multiple times and always ended up at the same block. I have up to date apps, and firmware.

Any ideas?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ifop,

I've sent a new token, restart the base and try again.

JamesC

spysmeto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will you kindly reset mine as well? It worked for a while then in settings, the HomeKit isn’t setup again.

Thx
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

stefanopilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same issue...the app is stuck at "Connecting to Bridge...".

Could you please reset my token as well?

Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stefanopilla,

JamesC