Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Google Home App will not link

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
BrewCrew37
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, I am hoping someone can help troubleshoot my issue. I have been trying to link my Pro 3 Floodlight to my Google Home App with no success. I go through the steps required and get a "Arlo is linked" message. However, a few seconds later I receive "something went wrong. Try again later." I've tried on 3 different phones, iPhone and android phones. 

From searches, it seems some have had luck renaming the camera, adding the devices to a new Google Home, deleting the home and Arlo app and starting over, but none of that troubleshooting has worked. I have spoken with Arlo support and was told to contact Google. And of course Google said it was an Arlo issue.

Long story short - does anyone have any suggestions? We have all Nest cameras and want to be able to use one app (Google Home), so it is frustrating that I cannot get this issue solved.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it!

4 REPLIES 4
dru212
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same thing is happening to me with an Arlo Pro 2 system. It was working fine in January but I had to unlink everything to troubleshoot another issue. Now it won't re-link in the Google Home app.

majanzo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing this problem. I've factory reset everything including my Google Home set up and the Arlo base station and cameras.

I've removed all linked accounts for Arlo within my Google Account settings and also deleted the link within the Privacy settings of Arlo:

https://my.arlo.com/#/settings/privacy/connected-accounts

Google Support has advised me:

"Your Google Wifi network is working and the devices connected to your Google Wifi network are also working. Your Google Home app is also working since you can manage the devices connected to it. The Google Home app can also link to Arlo since you were able to get the email notification from Arlo Alert. The link from Arlo will open a browser linking to their website, then you put in the login credentials. If you get an error after this, there is an issue on Arlo's server, not on the Google Home app."

What can Arlo support do, because they just ask me to keep trying different devices to link the service but that fails.

It appears to be a problem with OAUTH authentication to my Arlo Account but nobody seems to know how to support this within Arlo support 😞

BrewCrew37
Initiate
Initiate
Sorry to hear you’re having the same issue. And sadly are having the same experience with support - nobody seems to have any idea. Since I was in the return window I just returned it and went back to Nest. The resolution isn’t as good, but it works.
majanzo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wish I could return it all. Support just keeps asking to try difference devices instead of actually troubleshooting the real underlying problem! 😞