Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need Reset for Homekit token - VMB4000

Discussion stats
Kuzco83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning!

Could you please reset the Apple Homekit Token? For some weird reason they stopped working.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Jboom128
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please send a token reset here as well? Stopped working yesterday and stuck on discovering device when setting up HomeKit
mthwbchn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’d also like a reset token for my 4540 please. A network change meant the SmartHub dropped off HomeKit and even after resetting the SmartHub and re-adding both cameras to the Arlo app, it still times out trying to do the HomeKit setup in the Arlo Secure app, at the device discovery step. Thank you.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jboom128, mthwbchn

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Jboom128
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked perfectly! The self service option will be much appreciated!
mthwbchn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m still getting stuck at “Discovering your device”. I power-cycled the SmartHub, waited for it to come back to solid blue light, tested the cameras in the Arlo Secure app (they work) and then tried the HomeKit Setup step and once again it times out. Doesn’t matter I how close I am to the SmartHub or the camera(s), same result.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mthwbchn,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

mthwbchn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, thanks for persevering with this. It’s still not finding my SmartHub.

• I have v3.6.6 of the Arlo Secure app on iOS 15.6 (public beta 2). I’ve tried reinstalling the app (including re-authing iOS’s access to Home, devices on local network, etc.) but it hasn’t made any difference.
  • I rebooted my SmartHub after receiving your message and waited for it to come back to solid blue.
  • The cameras are on and can be accessed through the Arlo Secure app no problem.
  • When I go into the Arlo Secure app and then into the SmartHub’s Device Settings and select HomeKit > Set up I see the "Discovering your device. Please wait." screen, but it never finds any devices.
  • This screen used to show a "Devices found" subheading and show a spinner opposite. That is no longer happening, I just see the screen title and accompanying text, and no sign that anything is loading. I’ve tried this screen near the cameras and near the SmartHub, with the same results.
  • I therefore can’t get past step 5 of the provided instructions.

Is there a setup code you can provide me for the VMB4540 so I can try to add it directly to the Apple Home app? If not, how else can you assist me to get this resolved? Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mthwbchn,

I do not have a setup code for HomeKit. If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to try factory resetting your SmartHub and then re-onboarding the SmartHub/Cameras as if they were new. After the reset, we can try sending another token refresh and attempt to set up HomeKit again.

JamesC

mthwbchn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I have already factory reset my SmartHub software and re-added the cameras, immediately prior to the two above attempts to send me a reset token. I am happy to attempt this again if you think it will help?

—Matthew

MattiasB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, please send me an reset token. Same problem as above with connecting to Apple Homekit.

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MattiasB,

JamesC

Buckree
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you please reset the Apple Homekit Token? 

Buckree
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you please reset the Apple Homekit Token?

MyCarGoFast
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, Could you please reset the Apple Homekit Token? It will not connect to HomeKit.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Buckree, MyCarGoFast

JamesC

Bejaip
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can i also have mine reset?
sekels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, please send me an reset token. Same problem as above with connecting to Apple Homekit.

DJVoyage
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have never been able to successfully set up HomeKit, and in searching I found that may be due to a token l reset needed. Would you be able to assist? Thank you!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bejaip, sekels, DJVoyage

JamesC

Bejaip
Aspirant
Aspirant
I rebooted the base station as requested and still no information about HomeKit shows after following directions. Any other suggestions?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bejaip,

Can you provide screenshot of what you're seeing?

JamesC

Bejaip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes no problem. This is a screenshot of in the setting for the base station and no option for HomeKit as previously in the pastFAC6588E-2DEF-47FC-93B1-3C7D88ACFFD4.jpeg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bejaip,

Be sure you have the latest version of the Arlo Secure app installed. You might try reinstalling the mobile app to see if you still experience the same behavior.

As a last suggestion, consider removing the re-onboarding your base station and it's associated cameras. Afterward, check to see if you are able to set up HomeKit after a fresh setup.

JamesC