Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multile Alarms vs Singular alarm that comes w/ base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello & thanks to anyone willing to respond to my quesiton.  First, I'm new to Arlo (& all this generally speaking). However, I've messed around enoubht w/ my Arlo Pro (4 camera system) & 2 WeMo Switches enough to have my lamps come on if Arlo detects motion (via IFTTT) . . . my question is related to this, I think the Arlo alarm/siren is very lame (meaning all an intruder has to do is push the button on top of the base unit to turn off the alarm).  So, I'd like to have several remote units that simply plug into the outlets around the house (thus hopefully making it a bit mor difficult/less desireable for would-be 'evil-doers').  But seriously, I've attached an example of 'plug in alarm strobe & siren' that I'm thinking of . . . hopefully, I was successful at posting it below. . .  in any case, I think it would be nice to have these spread throughout the house . . .  is this something that's possible to do?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me.

Regards,

Steve

Alarm.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a solution to this, I ended up buying 3 Aeotec Sirens (Gen 5) & placed them throughout my house.  So, when the alarm is tripped . . . these 3 alarms, each w/ 105 db (& the Arlo Pro's base station alarm) emit such an ear piercing  alarm that it's actually sickening to your stomach . . .

It is truly enough to drive the 'evil-doers' from your house (well, the sounds & flashing lights) . . .  & I do believe they're not likely to rush around the house looking for the other alarms (particularly since they don't know how many are in the house).  Anyway, I think this is the solution I was looking for . . . ((((p.s., that being said, I will say this, when you're sleeping & have a 'false alarm . .. OMG!!! . . . it's enough to make you stick to the ceiling in the house . . .but the trade off is worth it; considring the very few false alarms I actually have))).  

Anyway, hope this is helpful to someone, other than me.

Regards,

Shek5150

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe.... in IFTTT ( btw pictures take a while to appear )

Or if you think outside the box... I'm more of a hardware person, and my thoughts on this would be to have a small relay replace the speaker ( add dpdt switch so you can toggle back forth ) or a circuit to do same as relay... this would be hooked into the master alarm device to turn on almost any thing you wanted...when the siren goes off it would trigger master device.

Guess it depends how much you want to do same.

Might be a good suggestion for the wish area ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

Greetings & thank you for replying to my note.  

Regarding my 'image taking too long to load', I do apologize, I was just trying to give folks a kind of idea that I could just plug into either a wall outlet or a WeMo outlet (depending upon technologies involved).  And I wasn't sure whether this actual model would work as it seems to suggest that it's intended to work w/ another type system (as indicated by the following):  

"Perfect accessory to maximize home and business security when paired with Fortress GSM/SO2 Security Systems."  

Anyway, my wife & I are military & we'll be leaving the house empty on occasion w/ mutliple friends having the capacity to monitor it . . . that is why I thought having numerous 'plug-n-play' sirens/strobes around the house would add a level of discouragement to the property . . . 

Perhaps I'll take you up on that second suggestion & add it to that other page you suggested.

Thanks again.  

Steve

Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a solution to this, I ended up buying 3 Aeotec Sirens (Gen 5) & placed them throughout my house.  So, when the alarm is tripped . . . these 3 alarms, each w/ 105 db (& the Arlo Pro's base station alarm) emit such an ear piercing  alarm that it's actually sickening to your stomach . . .

It is truly enough to drive the 'evil-doers' from your house (well, the sounds & flashing lights) . . .  & I do believe they're not likely to rush around the house looking for the other alarms (particularly since they don't know how many are in the house).  Anyway, I think this is the solution I was looking for . . . ((((p.s., that being said, I will say this, when you're sleeping & have a 'false alarm . .. OMG!!! . . . it's enough to make you stick to the ceiling in the house . . .but the trade off is worth it; considring the very few false alarms I actually have))).  

Regards,

Shek5150

Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Regards,

Shek5150