Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

All of my Arlo cameras have been showing “not responding” in Apple Home app as of 6/25/2023.

I’ve removed my Arlo hub from HomeKit but I’m unable to add it setup Arlo to HomeKit. When I try to run setup, it get stuck on discovering devices.

Can I please get a token reset so that I may be able to re-add my hub/cameras back to Apple

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware is now available resolving the issue some VMB5000 users were experiencing with HomeKit integration. Your SmartHub should have automatically received the update (version 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3) overnight. Please test again and let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

158 REPLIES 158
TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lost HomeKit connection and cannot reconnect 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working. Appreciate if you can reset token again. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again. You can also remove and re-install the Arlo app.

Thank you

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you I was able to re-add, but then it failed within minutes and all the cameras removed themselves from HomeKit. Now I’m back to the same issue where I cannot connect to HomeKit from the Arlo app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TorontoArloPro 

Can you make sure your iOS device is on the latest version iOS and the Arlo app is up to date. I reset the token again.

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm I have the latest OS version and the latest Arlo app version. 

I was able to add but again it failed and cameras removed from home app and HomeKit setting in Arlo app. 

I did see an error message in the Arlo app before the HomeKit connection dropped but it disappeared before a had a chance to note or screenshot. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me check in with my team to see what they think can be going on. I will update you as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you verify that you were trying to setup while connected to your wifi vs mobile data. 

Johanpeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please reset my HomeKit token

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Wi-Fi but actually I do have Arlo on a separate wifi network vs my iPhone. I can try setting up connected to the same router as my hub. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Johanpeter 

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am connected to the same wifi network but the app cannot locate my device. 

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please let me know what is the next step to have HomeKit connected?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am following up with the team, I will provide an update as soon as possible.

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Would you mind resetting my token in the meantime so I can attempt to connect?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TorontoArloPro 

We can try again sure, go ahead and reboot you base station. You can also try removing and re-installing the Arlo app again. 

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Have a mesh router system and stared suspecting that might be my issue. I unplugged the satellites to force my phone to connect to the main router which I have my basestation connected to. I was able to setup the cameras after you last reset my token but after plugging my satellites back to power, the cameras removed themselves from HomeKit again. 

Considering I’ve has the mesh router for years and had Arlo and HomeKit working without issue until recently, was there a firmware update in the last 2 months that has caused a conflict with HomeKit and mesh networks? Also, when I can readd to homekit after having my token reset I seem to have to add Arlo to a “default room” that I don’t have setup in HomeKit - might this also be a conflict causing the failure?

Johanpeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked. Thx

jfrench
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, as the subject line says I’m trying to set up my arlo to my HomeKit, I have been through all the reboot steps turning off resetting, checking latest updates, and it seems the last resort is now to have a token sent to the base station? Would it be possible to have that done please so I can set it up? 
thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you

jfrench
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I rebooted it and when I tried again it appeared for a second, but before I could select it it disappeared off the list and went back to ‘searching for devices’ and wouldn’t find it?

TorontoArloPro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello is my issue still being investigated?

alvincyh
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VMB4000 base station is stuck in discovering state when attempting HomeKit integration through iOS Arlo Secure App. I am using a iPhone 14 with ios V16.5. The Arlo Secure app is up to date. I previously removed my Arlo devices from HomeKit to reorganisation my home. Now unable to integrate again. I read in other discussions (here) that a token key reset solves this work. Perhaps I can try this too? Can anyone help me with this?