Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost Connection to Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Rob38
Follower
Follower

Hello!

I lost the ability to integrate my Arlo system with HomeKit. I have completely reset my Arlo and HomeKit systems, removed all devices, and re-added them to my Arlo app. Everything works fine if I use the Arlo app on it's own, but when I try to link the Arlo System with HomeKit through the app, it gets stuck on the Arlo App trying to Discover my system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you! 🙂

33 REPLIES 33
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

MitchellNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC, I am having the same issue. Could you please send a reset token request for mine too? Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MitchellNZ,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

MitchellNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, this does not appear to have resolved the issue.

I have pulled the power for 5 minutes, then reconnected and followed the steps in the guide you linked. Its still getting stuck on "Discovering you device. Please wait." after attempting the HomeKit setup.
I have also recently update the Arlo iOS app to the latest version (3.6.3 (3404)) and ensured the device firmware is up to date. (version 1.17.1.2_3987_0e6c162).

Please let me know if there is anything I can try.
Thanks again!

Piston38
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I request a token reset as I cannot get my Arlo base station to connect with HomeKit?
MitchellNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Just following up again.
After waiting some more time, I gave it another go and its working once again!

Thanks for your help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Piston38,

JamesC

ldonlin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello!

I lost the ability to integrate my Arlo system with HomeKit. I have completely reset my Arlo and HomeKit systems, removed all devices, and re-added them to my Arlo app. Everything works fine if I use the Arlo app on it's own, but when I try to link the Arlo System with HomeKit through the app, it gets stuck on the Arlo App trying to Discover my system.

I believe I need a token reset request.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Idonlin,

JamesC

ldonlin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately, that did NOT work…and other thoughts?
amyglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I'm having the same issue. Could I please have a token reset sent to my base station?

Thanks,

Amy 🙂

ldonlin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James, that fix didn’t work. Now the Arlo Secure App just hangs in “discovering devices”
smurraybu
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same issue and would like to try the token reset as well please
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

amyglen, Idonlin, smurraybu

JamesC

ldonlin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James, the reboot did seem to work, however the issue is when I leave the home Network, or the network its provisions on. I lose response of all the cameras, and need to re-add. Is there an additional setting that needs to be changed tweaked or reset on my Apple TV?
ldonlin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello All, I believe the solution fix to this issue is the latest version of the Arlo app on iOS. Be sure to check in the Apple App Store that you have the latest version. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again.
ldonlin
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, I’ve been unsuccessful with all of the steps…please resend the token.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC

JG222
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James - same issue with HomeKit here. Can you please send a new token to my device as well? Thanks!
amyglen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

Can I have another token reset too, please?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JG222 @amyglen

I have reset your HomeKit tokens. Please reboot your base station and test again

Thanks

Riclicious
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am having this same issue and have tried all the recommended steps can you try sending the token reset to mine as well?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Riclicious,

JamesC

amyglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Can I have a token reset sent to my base station too?

Thanks!