Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there any way to disable motion sensor w/o turning camera off ?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have SmartThings integrated with Arlo. I mostly use "Live" feature with those cameras to see my dog and not care about the motion detection during the day.

Is it possible to disable motion detection but leave camera ON in smartthings ? 

Or motion detection itself will not really drain the battery (I just disgard all events coming from cameras motion detector)

thanks

iosman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can create a custom mode that has rules that tell the camera to "do nothing" when motion is detected. And also set the motion threshold to 1 in those rules, so the cameras won't trigger very often.  Then you can create a schedule that engages that mode automatically during the day.

I don't know if doing that will affect SmartThings or not, since I don't use that.  If you try this, please post back and let us know if this approach works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can create a custom mode that has rules that tell the camera to "do nothing" when motion is detected. And also set the motion threshold to 1 in those rules, so the cameras won't trigger very often.  Then you can create a schedule that engages that mode automatically during the day.

I don't know if doing that will affect SmartThings or not, since I don't use that.  If you try this, please post back and let us know if this approach works for you.

iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant
@iosman123 wrote:

Hello,

I have SmartThings integrated with Arlo. I mostly use "Live" feature with those cameras to see my dog and not care about the motion detection during the day.

Is it possible to disable motion detection but leave camera ON in smartthings ? 

Or motion detection itself will not really drain the battery (I just disgard all events coming from cameras motion detector)

thanks

iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.