Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Judefilmdez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a auto switch for alro to determine when im away or not? Instead of using the schedule because times can varies.

6 REPLIES 6
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

No, not that I'm aware of. You may be able to achieve this with some geo-fencing logic in an app called Tasker, that I know exists for Android (don't know about iOS), but I don't know for sure the app can actually achieve something like this in combination with the Arlo app. I've only heard about it. Basically, you can create rules with Tasker that would sense certain events, for instance, when your cell phone loses contact with your home Wifi (i.e. you're leaving the house), you can instruct it to automatically turn your cell phone's GPS on, so your navigation app works and you don't have to manually turn your phone's GPS sensor on. Do the opposite when you get back home (you don't need your phone's GPS sensor to be on when you're home). I think Tasker can control other apps via button presses on predetermined screen locations. That way, in theory you could automatically flip-flop between the schedule and an all-cameras-on mode (see the next paragraph below) based on your home Wifi reception status of your cell phone.

Other than that, here's what I did: I created a schedule based on what my wife and I usually do during weekdays and weekend days. For instance, I scheduled a half-hour window in the morning when I leave for work to disable motion detection on the front door. I don't need a video clip of me leaving the house every morning, so the schedule saves me from having to manually disable the camera out front and enable it again when I leave. My wife is usually home during the day, so I disabled motion detection on the cameras in the backyard, but left them on in the front. So, this schedule is on by default. When my wife has to run an errand during the day when I'm at work, she turns the schedule off and turns motion detection on all cameras on via the respective mode. When she returns she goes back on the schedule. So, there is not too much manual interaction, basically just flip-flopping between the schedule and the arm-all-cameras mode.

kip23
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems like a no-brainer feature. When your phone is connected to your home wifi, change the mode of some or all Arlos to no longer send notifications. What do you think, NetGear? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kip23,

While this is not currently a feature for the Arlo system, it is a great idea. I encourage you to visit this topic on the Arlo Idea Exchange and support the idea by giving it kudos or post your own thoughts on this topic there.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hoepfully, once IFTTT integration is enabled on Arlo then a lot more flexibility like this could be added with other smart devices.

Maybe in the next two weeks?

http://www.cybershack.com.au/news/netgear-to-open-up-arlo-with-ifttt-integration-this-april-030316-2

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I guess the "April" implentation of IFTTT did not happen. Smiley Sad

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are excited to let the community know that IFTTT integration has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC