Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Rumbler
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Cameras can be used with HomeKit. Will the Arlo Home Security system work with Apple Home? If not, is there a plan to enable that feature?

Arlo Home Security System

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rumbler,

While we certainly plan to include integrations such as HomeKit in the future, this will not be available at launch. Stay tuned for updates on arlo.com and here on the community for more information.

JamesC

MRH9078
Tutor
Tutor

I would second this. I just setup the Security System in my home. When I purchased the system I just assumed it was HomeKit compatible (my other Arlo devices are). I should have looked more into the setup. Regardless, it's installed and functioning, so I'll wait for HomeKit integration.

Slpresto
Tutor
Tutor

Any updates to Homekit integration for the security system and doorbell?

napo_mar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on HomeKit integration for Security System? Don’t understand why this hasn’t been added yet. Purchased the security system assuming it was HomeKit compatible like my cameras.

MGarito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC,

A customer support representative told me via chat today that there are no plans to support HomeKit. 

Are they mistaken, or has HomeKit support been dropped for the Security System?

Thanks,

~MGarito

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not have any information available at this time about HomeKit integration. Stay tuned here on the community and on arlo.com for announcements.

JamesC

mlangenhorst
Initiate
Initiate

This needs to happen…

Slpresto
Tutor
Tutor

Been over a year and no updates. Is there a plan for HomeKit integration for the wireless doorbell and security system?  Please post a timeline. Looking to move to another platform if not. I was told before I purchased this was coming soon. (over 10 months ago). Now wondering if it was just to get me to purchase. I was hopeful since the camera are HK comp

MRH9078
Tutor
Tutor

My Doorbell Camera is compatible and setup with HomeKit. The big miss from Arlo on this is the security system, which is an add on to the camera system (keypad and sensors). I’m just hopeful they’re added at some point.

Slpresto
Tutor
Tutor

Wired is compatible, not wireless

MRH9078
Tutor
Tutor

Strange. I’m confused why some Arlo products are compatible and others are not. Seems like an all or nothing feature.

financialfoodie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on this? I am holding off on adding the security system components to my existing Arlo cameras until Arlo actually releases Apple HomeKit compatibility for the Security System and All-in-One sensors. 

Slpresto
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC

Any updates on Homekit integration for security system and wireless doorbell?

Thanks

Huskyfan
Guide
Guide

I’m curious the same thing.    absolutely no integration with HomeKit.   New Arlo alarm.   A bit disappointed at this point.   Hate having to have another app to control things in my home.  

Transitioning from Nest Secure alarm system that worked very well with HomeKit.