Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to answer the door from Google Nest Hub Max?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Catface
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it possible to answer the doorbell from a Google Nest Hub Max?

I was under the impression that you could because this product said it was compatible with Google Home, Google Assistant and Google Hubs

I bought this for my mother who is wheelchair bound and cannot get up the door fast enough to answer it. She has Google Nest Hub Max in each room. I wanted her to be able to see who's at the door and tell the person outside she is on her way.

I have been testing it before I give it to her. I can get it to announce that someone is at the door, but it doesn't show any video.

If I ask if the hub to show me the front door it will, but it doesn't give me any option to speak to the person.

Answering on the phone isn't an option, it has the same problem as getting to the door. If it's not right next to her she won't get there fast enough.

I am hoping there is a workaround, I am quite disappointed and underwhelmed right now.
Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Catface,

When someone presses the doorbell button, Google Assistant devices will announce that someone is at the door (as you mentioned on your post) and you will need to load up the video to view the live stream. Two-way audio does not work with Google Assistant as of this time. You will need to use the Arlo iOS or Android app to use that feature.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Catface,

When someone presses the doorbell button, Google Assistant devices will announce that someone is at the door (as you mentioned on your post) and you will need to load up the video to view the live stream. Two-way audio does not work with Google Assistant as of this time. You will need to use the Arlo iOS or Android app to use that feature.

Catface
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for taking the time to confirm this is the case. While I'm naturally disappointed, I'm glad to not have to try to figure it out anymore. I guess I will need to look elsewhere, maybe a Nest doorbell.

Do you think this is something Arlo would be able to consider in the future? Or is it simply not possible?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The suggestions you made about having two-way audio through Google Assistant when someone presses the doorbell button will be passed along to the development team. We'll update the community if we get new information on its potential implementation. 

Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

I just wanted to add one more vote as person disappointed that it’s not possible to answer calls on Nest Hub - I was under impression it will be possible. So if it’s possible to add this feature in the future that would be great.