Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
YKC
Guide
Guide

My IFTTT channel has not been working when Arlo detects motion since June 07, 2016. Am I the only person that has this problem?  Or, others have experienced the same.  Any suggestion on how to fix the problem, please kindly let me know.  Thanks a lot. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been implemented. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues with IFTTT recipes triggering after 50 attempts.

JamesC

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
danieledge
Aspirant
Aspirant

it seems to stop working daily for me and i need to disable and re-ensble the channel to get it working again.

no solution found yet 😞

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This could be an issue with the recipe you are using. Which recipe is behaving this way?

Does Arlo still behave as expected even though the IFTTT recipe is not?

JamesC

YKC
Guide
Guide

I use Arlo as a trigger in IFTTT. 

(1) Arlo still works as is.  It still detects motion and records the video. 

(2) However, when Arlo detects motion, the IFTTT receipt was not triggered.  There seems to be some issue from Arlo detecting motion to IFTTT receipt being triggered.  

Based on Daniel's suggestion yesterday, I disabled and re-enabled the channel.  It seems to work so far.  However, this does not sound like a good long-term solution.  It will be great if Netgear investigates the root-cause of the problem.  

danieledge
Aspirant
Aspirant

agreed... not great as i ws hoping to use as a trigger to turn on security lights..

ivhansen
Star
Star

I don't think it's working yet. It's not possible to create a arm/disarm recipe because the dropdown for "devicename" is empty

YKC
Guide
Guide

The IFFF-Arlo integration seems working partially.  I have two Arlo cameras.  My latest experiment shows that both of them can work with IFTTT for 2-5 days. However, both of them stopped working after 50 times.  I will redo my experiment.  It is not clear why both of them suddenly stopped working after 50 times.  

danieledge
Aspirant
Aspirant
Confirmed I'm seeing it cut out at exactly 50 runs of the recepie - definitely a bug !
YKC
Guide
Guide

I ran the experiment once (on two cameras).  Again, the Arlo-IFTTT stopped running after 50 times.  Is there a way that we file a bug report to Arlo tech support?  I cannot find any tech support information on the website.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Support link at the top here, then Contact Support on the right.

kippers
Guide
Guide

Any updates?  I am also seeing that the receipes will just stop working once they hit 50 executions.  Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been escalated to the engineering team for further investigation. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

Thank you,

JamesC

romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also been having issues getting Arlo to trigger my recipe for turning on lights. There must be some network issues between Arlo and ifft or Arlo changed some code on their end but didn't update the integration with ifft. I really do hope they fix this issue!!

KingStrava
Star
Star

I cannot even reconnect to my Arlo IFTTT channel anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?

romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant

@KingStrava- I am seeing the same issue as you when I checked just now.

thelber
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo IFTTT channel is no longer working either. 

KingStrava
Star
Star
Is this situation being fixed? This is a huge security concern.
KingStrava
Star
Star

Is this situation being fixed? This is a huge security concern.

JonPoli
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agree, this is unacceptable. I even disconnected my Arlo cameras from IFTTT and tried to make a new channel connection to Arlo and it repeatedly fails. People here waited a long time for Arlo to get an IFTTT channel to make it more useful in a home security setup. If Arlo does not rectify this QUICKLY, they're going to get a lot of bad press on social media which will hurt sales. Maybe then they'll take maintaining their servers and software more seriously.
romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant

For those of you who haven't already, open a ticket with support.  I was just in a chat session and informed them that their channel was down and the rep stated they weren't aware.  I also gave them a link to this post as additional evidence that other users are also seeing the same issue and not just myself.

Also, if you click on the "View Recipe logs" you will see the following error in regards to the Arlo channel:  Paused Channels may be experiencing technical difficulties. All Recipes using these Channels will resume once the technical difficulties are resolved.

romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like the channel is back online!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been implemented. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues with IFTTT recipes triggering after 50 attempts.

JamesC

YKC
Guide
Guide

The Arlo-IFTTT channel seems to work well now.  My script continues to function after 50 triggers.  Cheers!