Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
jd937
Guide
Guide

I recently set up an IFTTT rule w/ Alro and a SmartThings sensor: if door opens, then Alro records. The rule works great (and with almost no delay), but I get a push notificaiton from the Alro app on my phone (Android) every time the IFTTT rule runs (it's a "motion detected" notificaiton). I can't figure out how to turn this off (without blocking all notifications from the app in, which I'd rather not do). My regular Arlo rules are not configured to send push notificaitons, so I'm not sure what's causing them.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While IFTTT support is now available, we are still working on optimizing this feature. We recommend users wait until an official announcement is made before taking advantage of IFTTT.

JamesC

jd937
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the response. I'd be happy to participate in a beta program, if one is available. So far, the IFTTT integration has worked great for me aside from this one minor annoyance.

kippers
Guide
Guide

Same situation for me, motion notification shows up when using a "Then That - Record". It will be interesting to see if the "optimzation" period before the official announcement is just stabalizing the existing functionality or if new functionality is still being added.

I have had IFTTT Arlo setup for a few days now.   Everything was working fine, but I did notice last night that some "IF" triggers were not firing.  The camera was detecting motion and recording, but nothing showing up in IFTTT.   Guess I am an unofficial beta tester.  🙂

urbanryno
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went through IFTTT and setup recipes based on motion detection, but none of the recipes work.  Guess I'm early.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are excited to let the community know that IFTTT integration has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC

brian82
Tutor
Tutor

I setup an IFTTT rule a few days ago "If Every Hour at 00 minutes past the hour, then Arlo starts recording".

I do not see any alert notification choices, and it alerts me every hour when it does this.  How can i turn off this every-hour recording alert?
Thanks

(very cool product, thanks for integrating with IFTTT!)