Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT issue with Arlo and Philips Hue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tac79phoenix
Follower
Follower

Im having some issues with Arlo working with IFTTT (If This Then That) and communicating with Philips Hue to turn my WiFi lights on once motion is detected. This has not been working for months now and its extremely frustrating. IFTTT is saying that the recipe is not working when i "check" the recipe and when i view the activity logs, it is saying that there is an Arlo error. The Arlo tech agent i spoke to was saying it might be a firewall issue in my router that might be blocking incoming traffic from IFTTT which isnt allowing it to get to Hue. I dont recall ever setting up a firewall so i really dont know if that would be the problem. So two questions i have are 1) Is anyone else having issues with Arlo and Hue (or any other lighting devices) communicating with each other? 2) how do i access my network firewall settings?

Ive checked the network IP addressand looked at all the settings and cant find where anything is being blocked. Any help would be great! Ive tried talking to real people over the phone directly but their poor excuse of vocal, over the phone customer support is disgraceful. Apparently im only limited to phone support 90 freaking days after i buy my router. Thats absolutely pathetic!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tac79phoenix,

Have you tried any other IFTTT recipes? Do they work?

Consider deleting the existing recipe and recreate a new one and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC