Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
gillsysyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I'm trying to connect my Arlo Go to IFTTT, when I get to th ARM Section it just says option unavailable.  I've connected my Arlo account and it's definitely in there and is armed at present. 

Any suggestions?

18 REPLIES 18
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @gillsysyd,

Could you share a screenshot where it shows that the option is unavailable when you go onto the ARM section?

gillsysyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi sorry for the late reply here is what i get.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you the primary account holder? Or are you a grant access holder?

gillsysyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Primary account holder
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure on IFTTT that you are connected with the correct account that your Arlo Go is connected with. You can check this by going to "My Applets" > Click/Search "Arlo" > Click or tap on the cog settings icon.

Make sure your account info is correct (you can check "edit connection" to make sure). If it shows correct, try to disconnect and reconnect your Arlo account to IFTTT.

gillsysyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks I had done that but did it via my phone and it seems to have worked
gillsysyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually I thought it did but hasn’t.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this affecting both web and phone? Have you tried using a different IFTTT account to see if the issue persists?

jesus359
Aspirant
Aspirant

IFTTT That option.PNGIFTTT This option.PNGHello, I have been having the same issue. Both in web and on the phone (iPhone and Android) both phones on the latest update. I have done all the troubleshooting there is. I do have options for the other things. For example: IFTTT means If This Then That. If I choose Arlo as the "This" section, it gives me the correct cameras, its usually when its the "That" Option that is when its having issues. I have disconnected the service and reconnected it on both phones and through the web. Logged out of the applications and delete them while erasing all the info on the phones (caches and cookies), non rooted phones. I have also attached screenshots. As you can see below the name it lists on what steps I am on. ArloSettingIFTTT.PNG

@JessicaP wrote:

Is this affecting both web and phone? Have you tried using a different IFTTT account to see if the issue persists?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @jesus359,

Just to confirm, are you the primary account holder or grant access user?

jesus359
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am the account owner/admin

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me have our support team assist you further where you are seeing the "Option Unavailable" through IFTTT. I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you.

ssbuildings
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to set up my Arlo go with IFTTT to take an automated recording every so often and after signing in with IFTTT I go to select a device and it tells me that options are unavailable. Am i missing an extra step tp link my arlo devices?

suryathesun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing the same thing.

Could you update here when this is resolved?

WIll be happy to help if you need any information.

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I’m having the same issues. 2.7.2 is not playing nice with ifttt.
Johnnyfyfi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did anyone get this isssue resolved?
Johnnyfyfi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did this issue get resolved
atkpitt12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone get this resolved, I just signed in to IFTTT and tried this but anything for Arlo says "Options Unavailable" Pretty frustrating