Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone else found that you can't arm and disarm wireless Arlo's (only Arlo-Q's) with IFTTT recipies if you're using a netgear R7000 Router? ie. they don't appear as available devices when creating the recipie. But you can selet them for recipies involving low battery states, eg. if battery is low then send me an email.....

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have IFTTT capabilities at the moment so can't help but a couple of comments:

- I received an email yesterday announcing support for IFTTT so maybe you should check again to see if something has changed.

- The R7000 firmware is old, still in beta and likely not fully compliant. At this point, no one knows (at least, no one is speaking) when real firmware will be released. They're apparently NOT working on Arlo compatibility at this time since the only new releases of firmware and info relate only to 2.4GHz dropouts and it's painfully slow.

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems Netgear have removed V1.0.6.28_1.1.83, and therefore support for Arlo, which essentially means the reason for me buying the R7000 is now a waste of time and money, and since selling my Arlo base station, leaves me with unusable and unsupported kit. Seems like this all happened back in February, and they've been promising a new firmware since..... Terrible form Netgear !!! Not impressed at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The latest firmware that supports Arlo is a beta from late February, 1.0.6.40. You can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gff35js08j6nzof/R7000-V1.0.6.40_1.1.90.chk?dl=0

I've been using it with no problems but it's not fully baked.

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hmmm wondering whether to give this a go. I'm working fine on the slightly older version other than not being able to arm / disarm wireless cams using ifttt..... Thanks for posting it though... 

CAndersonJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes - exactly the same problem.  On IFTTT it asks me what device and gives me no options.  I upgraded the firmware to the above and still have the same problem.

ivhansen
Star
Star

I confirm this problem on R7000. I have an open support ticket but frankly no hope they'll solve it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ivanhansen,

Please private message me with the case number and I will take a look at your ticket and provide additional assistance.

JamesC

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think the only assistance needed here is for Netgear to provide a stable firmware for the R7000 that includes full support for Arlo and IFTTT. You have 2 great products in Arlo and your Routers, but it seems you're not doing much to marry them together in the best way possible, but leaving them half baked.