Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to talk to sales?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lkjnafslkjndsf
Follower
Follower

No idea how to even categorize this. 

I need 5 outdoor cameras. Here are the requirements

1. Battery powered

2. Homekit compatible

3. ON DEVICE local storage (RF Jammers are becoming more common - imagine that the wifi router and the hub both just disappear from reality for a period of time - that exact period of time is the time I want recorded, when it cannot connect to either the hub or router) where it would ideally upload the locally stored footage once it regains connection.

4. OUTDOOR - midwest USA, gets down to -20', up to 110' F.

5.  Great definition

6. Motion notifications

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lkjnafslkjndsf wrote:

2. Homekit compatible

This requirement is a bit open to interpretation.  Arlo supports camera control and livestreaming with Apple TV - but does not support Homekit Secure Video, so recordings are not available through homekit.

@lkjnafslkjndsf wrote:

3. ON DEVICE local storage

The Go 2 has this, but not the other Arlo outdoor cameras.  I don't own a Go 2, but my understanding is that you need to review the microSD card in a PC to see videos on the local storage (but of course can see cloud recordings through the app and browser).

The Go 2 also supports LTE mobile data, which gives you an alternative to WiFi.

It is limited to 1080p resolution though.

@lkjnafslkjndsf wrote:

4. OUTDOOR - midwest USA, gets down to -20', up to 110' F.

Operating temperature for most Arlo cameras (including the Go 2)  is -4F to 113F (-20C to 45C).  The cameras won't charge below 32F to protect the battery.  I don't believe any model is spec'd to work at -20F. 

Though some have found the cameras will operate at colder temps is the battery is removed and the camera is connected to AC power.  That of course conflicts with your first requirement.