Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to chromecast without using Google Assist voice command.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ashlah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Howdy,

Recently bought the Arlo Ultra 2x Camera kit and it's been working ok so far. I seem to have two issues when attemping to cast the camera to my TV.

1. I need to use voice assistant to ask Google to show me the camera on my Chromecast enabled TV - is there anyway I can just click a button or cast the camera without needing to ask Google? This has to be the most annoying thing because it's 50/50 at actioning the command at best - often redirects me to youtube instead of showing me the camera feed.

2. I don't run constant power to the camera devices. When Google Assist succesfully connects the live video stream to the Chromecast enabled TV; it only lasts for about 10 minutes before it stops casting. Is this expected behaviour?

Thank you,

Shakeel 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may depend on the device, installation of the Google Home app on the phone or Chrome on a computer allows you to start the app or the Arlo website  and choose to cast to a smart TV or Chromecast. Nothing else is needed.

ashlah
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

While it may depend on the device, installation of the Google Home app on the phone or Chrome on a computer allows you to start the app or the Arlo website  and choose to cast to a smart TV or Chromecast. Nothing else is needed.

Thanks for the reply. I logged into my Arlo account on Google Chrome using my computer and I can't seem to locate the cast button? Where can i find this feature?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On my installation, I have a small rectangle with 3 curved bars in the lower left corner at the top, to the right of the URL bar. It's next to my profile image.